Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 4 of 7)

Jun 152015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving at 65 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle did not respond. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the mechanic reset the throttle position, performed crank position re-learn, and idle re-learn. The vehicle was repaired, but failed to remedy the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 886.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Jul 062015

2015 CR-V touring vibrates in park or drive (when the car is not moving). The rpms are about 550 to 600 and at times seems like the engine wants to turn off. Vibration overall is pretty strong, I hope Honda fixes this issue. A/C can be on or off, same issue.

- Maywood, NJ, USA

Jul 152015

I recently purchased a 2015 Honda CRV with serious vibration issues at idle. I first noted the vibration at 420 miles at a red light. I brought it to the dealer to be checked as vibrations intensity increased around 800 miles. The dealer did nothing, denied knowing about the issue, and notes: "customer states the car has a vibration when stopped and foot on brake. It comes through the brake and the seat base and the back of the seat. Can be felt through the whole car. Has been happening since 450 miles. Verified customers concern. Honda is aware of customer reports of this concern. Honda is actively reviewing reports and testing. Since review is in progress no product review is available." Absolutely unacceptable.

- Auburn, WA, USA

Feb 022015

I purchased this vehicle in the end of January and it was in the shop for nearly 2 weeks. The reason was for the vibrating that the vehicle was doing. The people at the shop took another CR-V out and drove it and told me that it was doing the same thing. Now I ask you, is this the solution to the problem? this is the second CR-V I have purchased and if I could buy my first one back I would. That is just how fed up I am with this whole vibration thing. A car should not vibrate like this. I have never had any cars that would give you a seat massage while you are sitting at a stop light. I can't help but think that with all that vibrating going on it isn't going to cause other parts to deteriorate at a faster rate than normal because the vibrating is not normal. I am very disappointed in this vehicle and if there can't be a resolution then I will not be buying another one. I will go back to my Chevy of which I probably never should have left in the first place.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 112015

My car is 8 days old, started to vibrating on day 4th. Also lacks of power backing up. Updated 09/15/15

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Feb 162015

I own a 30.000 dollar vibrator! it vibrates when it idols and between 1000 to 2000 rpms. Every owner of the 2015 CRV I have talked to has the same problem! there are no recalls to fix it, but many-many complaints! this is my second CRV and it will definately be my last!

- Warner, NH, USA

Mar 112015

I bought a Honda CRV 2015 ex-L. after driving it for one day experienced serious vibrations in driver and passenger seat while driving and even more intense when idling. I noticed an annoying vibration upon smooth acceleration, between 1000 and 1500 RPM. I had not noticed this problem on the demo I test drove, I feel that I pay 30000 dollar for vibratig chair.

- Lowell, MA, USA

Jul 082015

Car has a bad vibration, when in D stopped at the red light.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Oil leak under the engine.

- S.Dartmouth, MA, USA

May 012015

I leased a Honda 2015 CRV and started noticing nauseating vibration when stopped at lights. When the car's RPM hit under 1000 the vibration in the car gets continually worse. When RPM hit 500 the car vibrates so much it causes driver and passenger to visibly shake. This occurs ever time the car hits 500 RPM, which for me occurs at least 7 times each way of my daily work commute. You will feel this shaking from you back to your shoulders when you are in the seat. Have taken it to two dealerships both which could/would not fix the issue. Was told it a characteristic of the car which is bs. Made a complaint to Honda of America which has not been helpful. This was my family's fourth Honda brand car and will be are last. I am currently stuck in a leased car that is nauseating and will most likely cause repair issues in future with the vibration that goes through entire car.

- Sicklerville, NJ, USA

Apr 252015

Excessive vibration at idle.

- Richardson, TX, USA

May 012015

Intermittently while in economy mode, when accelerating from a stop or while moving and increasing speed the engine hesitates anywhere from one to five seconds before any increase in speed or engine rpms. This is very dangerous and has caused me to almost be T-boned numerous times. There are many complaints about this on various sites on the internet. My dealer says this is normal because of the type of transmission. Other dealers say the same thing. This is going to get someone killed soon.

- Laporte, IN, USA

Jun 022015

I purchased my CRV ex AWD a couple of weeks ago. Shortly thereafter, I noticed that the seats shake causing a vibration in the car when I'm stopped and the vehicle is in drive. When this happens, the engine is warm and idles around 600 rpms. I have found that if the A/C is on or the headlights are on, then the vibrations lessens after the engine idle increases. I've contacted Honda, but they only said that they are aware of the complaint and that "if" a remedy can be found they would notify the owners.

- Kettering, OH, USA

Apr 012015

Vehicle shudders at about 20-25 mph and again at 40mph and sometimes at higher speeds.

- Dover, DE, USA

Jun 122015

While driving our 2015 CRV a day after our initial purchase it began to shake violently at idle. So bad that in stop and go traffic it can cause the driver and passengers to start to feel sick. Honda has acknowledged the issue but says that it isn't a safety concern and it is a characteristic of the vehicle. Additionally the car vibrates and feels as if might die when slowing down at a stop light. The same thing that a manual might do if left in gear when slowing to a stop. Additionally the same thing can occur when initially accelerating. I feel that these are safety issues because they are distracting to the driver and the CRV could eventually start stalling out in the middle of an intersection.

- Queensbury, NY, USA

Jun 092015

Started car, put in reverse, backed up about 3 or 4 feet car totally died.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 312015

We purchased a 2015 CR-V in may of 2015. It had 7 miles and we test drove it for a few minutes &loved the SUV and we did not notice any issues or vibrations. A few days later my girlfriend noticed the vibration since she drives it daily to work on one of the busiest freeway (405). She explained to me that the vibration was pretty bad &nauseating. I decided to drive the CR-V to work. I also take the 405 freeway and as we all know this freeway is bumper to bumper and most of the time you are idle. That's when I noticed the vibration. You have to drive the SUV for about 15-30 minutes in order for you to feel the vibration. As mentioned it's very bad &it's nauseating and distracting to the driver. I have recorded my daily drive to work and the vibration is documented when at idle. Honda new about this vibration since November of last year. The vibration is a safety concern of us since as I mentioned it is distracting to the driver and it's very nauseating. If at idle or in very slow traffic this can be very concerning due to the fact it might lead to CR-V drivers with this issue to get into an accident.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Apr 132015

New 2015 Honda CRV idles very rough and shakes the seats every time the car is stopped at an intersection, traffic light, or just idling in general. This is not the quality product that usually comes from Honda corporation! we owned a 2002 Odyssey for 13 years and never had a complaint or a problem with it other than general maintenance. I would never recommend a 2015 Honda C-rv to anyone. I am a car salesman and deal with many people, average of 100 per month. My disappointment with this new vehicle on a scale of 1-10 is a definite 10. Surely Honda can come up with a solution to this problem which I understand from a local Honda dealer has been registered by many people who have purchased this 2015 vehicle.

- Statesville, NC, USA

May 212015

Vibration issue during idle

- Rochesterhills, MI, USA

Jun 032015

2015 Honda CR-V: unusual vibration at stop with gear shift in drive mode and loud mum sound when driving between 15 to 25 mph similar to all other complaints on this 2015 model.

- Brighton, MI, USA