CarComplaints.com Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

CR-V 4-cyl

My 2015 Honda CR-V touring model vibrates intermittently. It is worse when at idle such as at a stop sign or red light. It does happen, dangerously so while driving down the highway at speeds of 65-76 mph. Honda call this a "characteristic of the car" "an annoyance". it is more than this. It is a safety issue. Sow one is going to be seriously injured or worse.

Apr 122015

CR-V 4-cyl

This brand new Honda CR-V AWD touring 2015 (less than 3 weeks old) has an issue of vibration of the driver and passenger seats, steering wheel, and car overall (e.g., doors). The issue happens when the car is driven a few miles and the car stops (idles) in drive mode (e.g., an a stop light). Within seconds the seats and steering wheel starts to vibrate, sometimes uncomfortably. The vibration goes away as the car starts to move, so it seems to only happen noticeably when idling with the transmission in drive. The car is brand new and the vibration is noticeable enough that makes the driver (or passengers) aware and suspicious of a problem. A crack on the windshield was noticed Apr/12/2015 (starting at the bottom edge at driver┐'s side and spreading towards the center). I went to dealer (manchester Honda) Apr/13/2015, showed vibration issue to seller which was reproduced at the dealer parking lot, and was later informed by a service rep that Honda is aware of issue. I called Honda customer service Apr/14/2015, and was directed to a Honda video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=A6K6jph7zak) and opened a case, no response yet. The Honda rep told me they are aware of the issue, that Honda does not consider it a safety issue, and that they "hope" to have a fix someday. The windshield will have to be replaced by my insurance company as the Honda dealer declined to replaced it (they claim it was caused by a stone/rock chip, a really tiny one, size of a pinhead or about 0.5 to 1 mm). I still wonder if it is not caused by the vibrations or defective windshield. I also wonder if this issue does not represent a safety issue. If my older CR-V (2003) would vibrate this way I would take it to be serviced because I would be suspicious of an engine problem and the safety of myself and my family.

- Mansfield Center, CT, USA

Jan 082015

CR-V

New 2015 Honda CR-V is experiencing strong vibrations in idle. Felt in seat, passenger seat, steering wheel, gas pedal, middle console, etc. I also feel vibrations through the steering wheel, gas pedal, and car itself while driving at lower speeds. I can even see the passenger-seat back shaking when in idle. Honda acknowledges it's a problem, but do not have a timeframe of when fix will happen. Not sure what damage is being done to car during these high frequency vibrations. How can anything that affects the driveability of car not be a safety concern? hard on the hands to hold on to vibrating steering wheel. Please investigate, these needs to be recalled and fixed asap.

- Madison, WI, USA

Nov 032014

CR-V

My new 2015 CR-V makes a terrible vibration when in idle in drive with foot on the brake. It doesn't do it for the first few minutes of driving, so I didn't notice during my test drive. But once it's warmed up, that's when it drops down to 600 rpms and starts shaking at idle. This is a vibration that shakes both the front seats and the steering wheel. It can be felt all over me and my passengers' bodies. While I do not live in a large city, I would imagine this would be unbearable and potentially hazardous for anyone who drives in rush hour or otherwise poor traffic with all of the time one would have to be in drive with the foot on the brake. This is new to the 2015, I have friends who own earlier models and I can't see or feel it in their Cr-vs.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Mar 052015

CR-V 4-cyl

There is a pronounced vibration when the car is stopped and also when the RPM are at 1200. It makes steering the car difficult and the ride feel unstable. The steering wheels shakes violently. Also when you shift the car or put in park the vehicle continues to roll slightly or does not react quickly to the changing of the gear.

- Fresno, CA, USA

CR-V

My first road trip in my new CR-V. driving at approx. 65 miles an hour it started vibrating violently. It was difficult to steer and maintain control. When I stopped at a red light still in drive but in idle the vibration continued. This went off and on for no apparent reason for 758 miles. Then the adaptive cruise control stopped working. I would get a message acc off. This was also intermittent through out the trip. On the way back home driving the 758 miles I had the same problems. This is potentially a dangerous situation as it is very difficult to maintain control while driving. A side issue, not dangerous, the sunroof leaks when going through a power wash. Hondas solution... don't go through a power wash.

CR-V

My 2015 Honda CR-V touring model vibrates like crazy. Sometimes while stopped at a red light or stop sign. Certainly more concerning is having it vibrate while drive 65-80 miles an hour while driving from Colorado to Oregon which is my first road trip in this vehicle. When taking normal curves it is difficult to control. I believe this is a dangerous situation. An accident waiting to happen. Less concerning but still an issue is that the sunroof leaks when going through a power wash. Honda's solution to this problem is to not go through a power wash. I sincerely hope something can be done before some one is seriously harmed.

Dec 242014

CR-V 4-cyl

Holding steering wheel, feels like holding on to a vibrating chair when I accelerate, sometimes it shudders and vibrates, once the car hits about 55 mph it calms down. Brought back to toms river Honda 1/17/2015, mechanic, and I went for test.my invoice states: "customer states between 30-40 mph car feels like on it's on a wash board. Cause: Don't have fix yet, will keep customer posted, perform force road balance, checked system for updates, checked for D&C (none). "Honda aware of vibration problem, will call engineering dept to discuss problem, still no answers but this is not a safety issue, ok to drive". met with NJ Honda tech rep. 1/29/15, went for 1/2 test drive with me. All agreed, yes bad vibration, Honda is aware, more complaints are coming into Honda with vibration. Will speak to engineering again. Invoice states" vibration was experienced on 20 mile road test, approximately 15-50 mph and 12-1500 RPM's variable. Honda rep art E recommended to wait for a fix or up date to come out. Note: Snap shots and data taken and also sent to tech line and discussed w/tech line. Engineering is investigating issue".I love the car but not the vibration. I only want an SUV, not car. I have asked Honda to buy back. Honda says dealer should buy back, TR Honda says it should be Honda. I have googled 2015 CRV vibration complaints and have found there are hundreds of others with similar complaints. Abc new "7 by your side" did a news story on this problem 2/26/2015. I save $ for 9 years to pay cash for a car, I feel like I have been robbed!

- Whiting, NJ, USA

Oct 282014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that there was a strong vibration from the engine. The contact mentioned that when driving over 60 mph, the engine RPM's did not read accurately and the vehicle veered left and right. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was not able to be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure milage was 50.

- Waunakee, WI, USA

Dec 012014

CR-V

Excessive vibrations, one while in drive and stopped, another at all speeds worse when accelerating. At times I feel the vehicle is not stable and I am scared of losing control.

- Ottawa, KS, USA

Jan 222015

CR-V

I purchased new 2015 Honda CRV ex-L 01/21/2015. Only 3 mile on it. Immediately after purchased, the vehicle exhibited severe vibration when the car fully stop and on "D" position. Idle is very low, around 550 RPM, and vehicle just shakes and passenger seat vibrates. Vibrations can be felt through the steering wheel, and create a distraction during driving. Brought it in dealership for checking, they said everything is normal"?". this is abnormal compare to others new car. I trust the "Honda" name, but now make me disappointed. I should buy the Toyota rav4 rather than buying this CRV. Honda needs to fix this problem asap.

- Renton , WA, USA

Jan 312015

CR-V

Noticeable idle time vibration while stopped at stop sign and 'd' mode. Vibration is so heavy that it makes my legs go numb and uncomfortable.

- Evansville, IN, USA