- March 12: Honda and Acura Recall 1.1 Million Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 7 days ago
- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 33 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 37 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 39 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 87 days ago
High Oil Level With Gas In Oil
2017 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It's rare when a newer vehicle has defect trends, & the 2017 Honda CR-V has at least two — overfilled oil levels with a gas smell, & heat not working.
Both problems affecting the Honda CR-V's 1.5L "Earth Dreams" engine appear to be related to cold-climate regions.
CR-V owners report overfilled oil levels due to fuel in the oil, & sometimes a gas smell in the cabin. That problem appears to be related to fuel injection which Honda hopes to fix via a software update. Honda so far has only conducted a recall in China & a "product update" in Canada.
CR-V owners also report no heat even after warming up their CR-Vs for 30 minutes — not even enough to defrost the windshield. So far, there has been no fix from Honda for this issue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 10,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 74 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (33 reports)
- no solution; Honda told me to check oil every 500 miles (13 reports)
- no solution!!! (10 reports)
- tech says nothing wrong (7 reports)
- change oil frequently (4 reports)
- replace ecu unit and oil change (2 reports)