$1,600.00

1. rebuild/replace engine (2 reports)
1995 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Honda Civic:

1995 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 012010

Civic LX 1.5L I4

Blew the head gasket AGAIN. This time, went ahead and put in a motor out of a 96. Zero problems since.

- , Huntsville, AL, USA

Mar 122006

Civic LX 1.5L I4

This happened twice. The second time I talked pretty extensively with a Honda mechanic, and he let me know that the 95 Civics are the ones to stay away from. Apparently this is a common issue he's had to fix. The second time it blew, I went ahead and bought a motor out of a 96 Civic and had it rebuilt and dropped in. I've driven it for the last 5 years without an issue. I'm surprised there were no other complaints on this website about it.

- , Huntsville, AL, USA