4.0

1995 Honda Civic steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Honda Civic:

1995 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 282007

Civic

I've got a terrible cranking noise that has started to annoy the crap out of me whenever I turn my steering wheel in any direction. Sometimes, it'll remain silent, but for the past few days I can't recall this kind of metal-against-metal cranking noise ever ceasing. I suspect something to do with power steering, but I'm not sure how to go about this, and if it's a garage-worthy problem or an easy fix.

It's a pain in the ass.