1997 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Honda Civic:

1997 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jun 062006

Civic DX

I'd say it's reasonable to demand that safety equipment be covered FOR THE LIFETIME of the car. For my safety restraint system (SRS Control Unit for the airbags), which I've never used, to cost me $760 to repair is OUTRAGEOUS! It's probably an $80 computer.

- , Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Nov 022003

Civic EX

Back in April 2003, my SRS light came on. I brought to my dealer to look at. I paid them $140 to do diagnostic testing. All they told me was that all my airbag sensors worked fine but my computer was "confused" and I needed to replace the whole computer, which would cost $400-$500 plus labor. I have yet to replace it. I'm wondering if it came on b/c I rolled over the 100,000 mile mark. I now have 111,000 miles and it's still on.

- , Ledyard, CT, USA