5.0

1. replaced oxygen sensor (3 reports)
1998 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 122011

Civic DX 1.6L

don't make any exhaust mods on this vehicle, they are very sensitive to the check engine light, ex replacing the header with an aftermarket/performance one and for that reason you will fail the great emissions test in Ontario. On my previous 98 Civic with no mods I had the 02 sensors replaced however, the problem remained with the check engine light. Usually a sign of a failed catalytic converter and unlike the Civic SI, the CX DX AND LX models have a header and catalytic converter all in one and they are expensive to replace, and you are taking a gamble again by buying a used one which of course is always cheaper to do.

- , Niagara Falls, Ontario, canada

Apr 152008

Civic EX

Okay this is the second time I've had to replace my O2 sensor and catalytic converter. My Honda is becoming a real pain in the ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone PLEASE help!!!!

- , Calabash, NC, USA

Sep 012007

Civic DX

The check engine light comes on then goes off! It's on for a week then goes off, but now its on all the time! It never goes off. had a friend take a look at it, he said it was the o2 sensor and that it is like $400 to get fixed.

- , Stow, OH, USA

Jun 032007

Civic EX 1.6L VTEC

The other night I was on the way home from work in my 1998 Honda Civic Coupe EX (124000 mi and i bought it used from the dealership about a month ago), and the check engine light came on. Me being 16 almost 17 i took this seriously and the next morning i got up early so i could have it looked at before work and my dad and i went over to the dealership(in separate cars cuz i knew it would take a while and i needed to get to work). they inspected it and said it was the oxygen sensor that was dead(o2 sensor). well the total cost of fixing it was 370$. there went my two paychecks for the last two weeks. But wait theres more! Today i was on my way over to the gas station, and the check engine light was back! Before i take this car back to the dealership to have it looked at again and possibly another ass load of a money payment, please help me!!!!

So you can understand my frustration, i haven't even had the car back a whole day from the dealership and the check engine light came back on. After i spent 370$ to have myself some confidence in my car and to make the light go away, its back. If you know ANYTHING PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

- , Winston Salem, NC, USA