2. repaired (1 reports)
1998 Honda Civic exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 132009

Civic DX 4 cyl

The civic has been a good car to me. I have run the poop out it. Current mileage is 214,000. Last week the check engine light came on. Honda quoted $1,100 to replace cat. converter. I've seen the complaints here, and it is pot luck if the replacement works. Going to try resetting the ECM by disconnecting the battery for an 1/2 hour and see what happens.... Anyone who can give me any info will be appreciated.

- , Wappingers Falls, NY, USA

Feb 122008

Civic EX

So I was driving my Honda after fixing the O2 sensor and my check engine light came on this time it was the catalytic converter. I replaced the part and guess what 2 months later the problem is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone please help!

- , Calabash, NC, USA