2.9

1998 Honda Civic exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jan 192005

Civic 4-cyl

1998 Honda CRV, with about 100,000 milage, engine light came on. Repaired the distributor sensor. Took it back four more times and the engine light continue to stay on. A week later, took it in to deale for a diagnostic, valve #3 & 4, needed to be replaced, they recommended a new cylinder head. Notified Honda manufacturer and they decided to pay half of the cost. I have always taken good care of my car, and have the invoices to proof it. I think Honda knows there is a manufacturing problem and should be responsible for the complete repair cost. I am still paying on my car and this is a financial burden for me and my family.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Sep 102002

Civic

While traveling 55-60 mph engine would stall, engine indicator light would flash on. Dealer has been contacted, and technician noticed that oxygen sensor needed to be replaced.

- National City, CA, USA