1998 Honda Civic steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 302014

Civic EX 1.6L I-4

I've noticed my car pulling slightly to the right now. I'm heading in to get an alignment soon because its in need of when, hopefully that will solve this problem.

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Sep 222009

Civic EX 1.6L 4 cyl

I will firstly say that when I bought my Honda Civic I thought I was getting the reliability Honda always talks about. I quickly had to drop money into the exhaust system due to a broken part the dealer should have replaced but didn't. I had it for two years and I'm well over $1000 already in repairs...not so reliable.

But my complaint on here is the steering system!!! It seems like no matter how many alignments I get, the car still seems to want to pull to the right. Now the steering wheel is doing it badly and it makes driving a straight line hard...I'm afraid the police will think I'm drunk once time. It also started making some strange popping-like noise. This noise is at it's worse in cold weather and when I'm taking left turns. This is no doubt going to be costly to fix, and in this bad economy even a $150 repair bill hurts...

- , Napoleon, OH, USA

Dec 242008

Civic EX 1.6L 4 cyl

What is up with the shotty wheel alignment jobs on the Honda civics? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I'm always pulling to the right of the road. I just got an alignment done last year and after a few bumps it seems like it's in need of another one. Maybe it's just cheap parts...I don't know. It's just a coat of ownership I think comes too often.

- , Napoleon, OH, USA