5.0

2. replace dipstick (1 reports)
1998 Honda Civic transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 142005

Civic EX 1.6L 4-cyl 16-Valve Vtec

Corrected trans fluid leak by replacing Honda part#25610-P4R-A01 Dipstick ATF.

- , Naperville, IL, USA

Oct 152008

Civic LX 4 Cil

My 98 civic ex has a manual transmission. It is leaking between the transmission and the engine. I noticed that was the transmission when I was driving on third gear and was making a sound. Then I checked the oil of the transmission and this was almost empty. So I refilled it and suddenly star to leak continually.

The oil level of the engine is ok and runs ok.

I would like to know if you know something about this and what could be and if Is easy to repair.

Thanks