1998 Honda Civic wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jan 182003

Civic 4-cyl

Within fifteen minutes of having new rear tires put on my car, I experienced a sidewall blowout on the left rear tire while going around a left hand turn at about 40 mph. This caused my vehicle to spin out of control and slam head first into a concrete pillar at the base of a light pole. The vehicle was completely totaled and I suffered minor injuries. Had I not been wearing a seat belt I would have been killed. If I had anyone in the front passenger seat they would have probably lost their legs as the floor was pushed up to the same level as the seat.

- Wyoming, DE, USA