- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 7 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 9 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 12 days ago
- July 11: Honda Confirms Another Takata-Related Death news | 15 days ago
- July 8: Honda Recalls Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Belts recalls | 18 days ago
1999 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: Haven't we all owned one of these things at some point? Despite being a popular first car for teenage drivers and, as a result, being beat up like no other, the late 90's Civic is a true endurance car. And it still gets better gas mileage than more modern cars.
Worst 1999 Civic engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- stalls while driving5
- car accelerated while pressing on brake2
- occasionally won't start2
- check engine light is on1
- misfires when accelerating and at idle1
- NHTSA: Engine10
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline6
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.