Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Haven't we all owned one of these things at some point? Despite being a popular first car for teenage drivers and, as a result, being beat up like no other, the late 90's Civic is a true endurance car. And it still gets better gas mileage than more modern cars.

1. see below (1 reports)
1999 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Honda Civic:

1999 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 172003

have a gripe with Honda. I live in Vancouver Canada, and my Honda Civic manual states that I have to follow the 'severe' schedule because I live in Canada. This means I have to take it in for maintenance about twice as much as if I lived in the US. I wanted to know why, as I drive mainly highway and live in a mild climate. I have called three local Honda dealerships, one didn't know there were two maintenance schedules, another said it was because the Canadian and US cars were built differently. I then called the Honda Customer Service (down east somewhere) spoke to someone called Annie, and she wouldn't answer my question. All she kept saying was 'that is the way the cars were tested and that is why the there was a difference in the maintenance schedules.'

I don't want to follow the 'severe' schedule if I don't need to as it is costing me a lot of extra money, but Honda doesn't seem to want to answer my question. Definately puts me off buying another Honda.

- , Vancouver, BC, Canada