- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 2 days ago
- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 24 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 26 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 35 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 37 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
Worst 2001 Civic accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- headliner is falling down32
- upholstry fell off the doors16
- fuel door release broke10
- material on visor is rotting7
- instrument panel malfunction6
- cd player/radio not working properly5
- fuel gauge inaccurate4
- trunk latch release lever broke3
- dome light doesn't work2
- front seats move around2
- arm rest fell off1
- dash lights go out1
- door handle broke1
- door handle doesn't open1
- sun visors falling apart1
- temperature gauge gives inaccurate reading1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.8
- NHTSA: Seats7
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting4
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly1
- NHTSA: Equipment1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.