- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 43 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 73 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
Worst 2001 Civic seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- srs light on27
- air bag alarm light on3
- air bags do not deploy & seat belts do not always lock2
- seat belt latch does not work2
- air bag was not fixed by dealer1
- NHTSA: Air Bags157
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal60
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module43
- NHTSA: Seat Belts20
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Driver Side Inflator Module10
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Side/Window10
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Retractor3
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Buckle Assembly2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Warning Light/Devices2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Anchorage1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Rear1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Rear: Buckle Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.