- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- June 2: Takata Says It Didn't Make Airbag Named in Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- May 30: Honda Starter Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 25 days ago
- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 35 days ago
Srs Light On
2001 Honda Civic (Page 2 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,035 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 27 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- replaced seat belt buckle (7 reports)
- replaced the driver seat belt buckle (2 reports)
- fixed the seat belt (1 reports)
seat belts / air bags problem