7.0

1. expensive repair! (3 reports)
2002 Honda Civic AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Civic:

2002 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 022012

Civic DX 1.7L

Really ridiculous that a car with less than 80k miles had this problem especially bc I never abuse my vehicle - it abuses me!

- , Yuba City, CA, USA

Aug 012010

Civic LX 1.7L

My air conditioner cools very good while driving. Unfortunately when you stop at a red light it only blows warm air. Since my fans are both working I have to assume it is my compressor going bad. There are a lot of people having the same problem I am. I thought honda made a good car but this one is proving me wrong!!! It will be my last honda!!!

- , HENDERSONVILLE, TN, USA

Aug 202010

Civic LX 1.7L

I fixed the transmission for $2,000 4 months ago & now my A/C has stopped working. I'm guessing this will be another expensive repair but is it worth fixing? At this rate the whole car will fall apart. I am the original owner of this car & have dealt with power windows not functioning, paint chipping, interior tapestry falling off, rusting, broken parts, transmission failure & now the A/C. Do not buy Honda!

- , Anaheim, CA, USA

Jul 152005

Civic EX 4 cyl

My air conditioner stopped blowing cold air. I took it to the dealership and they told me it was a wiring problem and wanted way too much money to find it. It worked when they jumpered power to it. I think it may be a relay, but haven't looked into it further.

- , Fairhaven, MA, USA