Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.

Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.

1. replace cover (1 reports)
2002 Honda Civic AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Civic:

2002 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jan 072008

Civic EX 1.7L

Yet another workmanship flaw for Honda. Barely used A/C adapter cover just broke off one of the few times that I ever tried to use it (I use it more frequently now, but for most of the car's life I did not). Honda would not repair it for free. They required me to buy the part. Then they were going to charge me labor to replace it. I drove around with the part for years. They finally offered to do it without additional charge during a routine maintenance. I could not do it myself as I could not get the existing remaining plastic pieces from around the metal hinge off.

- , San Diego, CA, USA