CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.

Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.

1.9

2002 Honda Civic accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Civic:

2002 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jun 142012

Civic 4-cyl

In June 2012 I experienced on my 2002 Honda Civic an odd behavior, ac stopped working (light would be on but no cold air), power locks also failed, door chime/key left in ignition switchreminder stopped working at the same time, remote entry via key fob was somehow disabled and the most important and somehow terrifying experience is that the windshield washer and wipers do not work properly, I was splashed some muddy water on the windshield and activated the windshield washer/wiper to clear the muddy water; the wipers failed and my vision was completely blurred so I had to look out the drivers window and safely stop. I'm aware of two recall notices for my vehicle model year, one of them involving the low beam lights (I experienced that as well and thought both bulbs, low beams had gone out at the same time) this particular recall is for the defective and/or low quality of the electrical contacts/circuitry of the headlight switch. For a couple of weeks the electrical issue was gone but came back and has stayed, same electrical issues that I think might have something to do with low quality materials (as the ones used on the headlight switch recall notice) at the fuse panel inside the cabin; I'm no expert but my family's safety and the safety of the people on the road is my concern, what if the materials used on this unit (fuse panel/multiplex connector?) overheat and start a fire in the cabin or what I've experienced, a sudden splash on the windshield that prompts a quick response to stop due to null vision? I've searched online and seems the culprit of the electrical issues all at once is a poorly designed/constructed fuse panel. I should feel safe when driving not "taking a risk" hoping nothing bad happens.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 012012

Civic 4-cyl

The sun visor on Honda Civic 2002 seems to snap suddenly when it is adjusted. This happened to me while I was trying to adjust the visor to block the sun while I was driving. When the visor snapped, it blocked my view completely and I had to pull over to push the visor back into its slot. When I researched this problem over the internet, I found out that it is a common problem on a Honda Civic. This issue could have ended up in an accident in my case.

- Austin, TX, USA