Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.

Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.

2002 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Civic:

2002 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 052002

Civic 4-cyl

I suspect the parking brake for the 02 Honda Civic si is defective. With the engine running and my foot off the brakes but with the parking brake fully engaged, the car rolled forward on my driveway and rolled backwards while I was waiting for a traffic light changeover. Since these 2 incidents, I've always keep my foot on the brakes waiting for light changeover and when parked, I put the car in gear and use the parking brake as well. The times the car rolled, I was on a very slight incline. Several people on and forum have reported similar experiences.

- Novi, MI, USA