Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.

Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.

1. get a new starter (1 reports)
2002 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Civic:

2002 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 112007

Civic LX

I bought this car used. Shortly after the transmission decided to go, twice I may add, so did the starter. I cannot stand this car!!!!!! I thought Honda's were good cars!!! Apparently I was wrong or I really got a bad one. My old 1998 Cavalier never had this many problems!!!!! NEVER BUY A USED CAR!!!!! I have somebody else's headache.

- , Dingmans Ferry, PA, USA