- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- June 2: Takata Says It Didn't Make Airbag Named in Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- May 30: Honda Starter Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 31 days ago
- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 41 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems
2002 Honda Civic (Page 3 of 6)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 85,811 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.