7.7

1. repaint vehicle (5 reports)
2003 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 012008

Civic EX

Paint looks terrible and will definitely affect resale value. It happened within the first few years despite waxing and maintenance. I have seen several of these same make and model with the exact same pattern of wear.

I asked the dealer when I took it in for routine maintenance and they just shrugged it off saying it was the sun in Texas and that I brought it in too late since it was no longer under warranty.

- , Austin, TX, USA

Oct 102013

Civic

Substantially lowers the resale value of the car!

- , St Augustine, FL, USA

Jul 072009

Civic EX 1.7L

click to see larger images

defective paint (clearcoat) defective paint (clearcoat) defective paint (clearcoat) defective paint (clearcoat) defective paint (clearcoat)

I bought my first new Honda Civic in 1976 and owned (5) CIVIC's, (1) S2000 and (2) Odyssey Vans ALL NEW since. This civic is a 2003 with 45k and in excellent condition otherwise. The defective clear coat on the paint looks like HOLLY SH**. The will definitely affect the resale value. The Honda Motor Corporation have slowly comprised their quality of ALL their auto since the lat 80's.This is VERY hard to admit. :^(

- , Glendora, CA, USA

Sep 012008

Civic LX 1.8L

This problem is with numerous Civics and Accords as I have spoke to several owners and seen the condition first had on their vehicles. It's not just a coincidence but a defect with the paint.

- , Garner, NC, US

May 152013

Civic LX 1.7L

Clear coat coming off entire car. Looks terrible. Not normal, defective clear coat.

- , Nanticoke, PA, USA

Oct 202013

Civic LX Unk

Vehicle has defective paint only in blue. Honda is aware but dealer has done nothing as they say "car is too old, time to buy another". I have seen several out there with same problem. My Son has noticed even more. I on my income do not have the money to buy a new vehicle or fix the problem. This is my only car. It is an admitted manufacture's defect. They do not want to address it. What can be done ?

- , Avoca, PA, USA