2003 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jun 192013

Civic ES

I live on a main road, so I was thankful that there was no heavy traffic at the time, that it luckily was minor, and no one was injured, however, this has the potential to cause fatality.

As I was driving out of my driveway and turning right out onto the road, the steering wheel stuck in the turning right position and both steering and brakes failed to work causing me to crash into a parked car. I am not sure why the steering and brakes both failed like this? Strangely, my car was driving fine after the incident as the police officer pulled it to the side of the road. It is smashed up and needs body work and possibly mechanical work. I did have it towed to the dealership, as I did not trust driving it after this happened, and I am not sure I will ever feel safe in this car. Currently, my insurance is taking care of it, but this was a malfunction on Honda's part and should be dealt with by Honda on all fronts, cosmetically, mechanically, financially, and most importantly so that this doesn't happen to someone else or me again. Otherwise, there is no justice or protection for the consumer! This could have potentially been and could be life threatening.

- , Glendside, PA, USA