2003 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 022005

Civic

2003 Honda Civic concerns regarding the change in the cars performance.** answer required***. ever since the ECM update was performed on the consumers vehicle, the gas mileage has dropped to 41 mpg, then to 38 mpg ad now 37 mpg. In addition, the vehicle now labors and lags terribly.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Nov 292004

Civic 4-cyl

2003 Honda Civic is stalling on the highway or on public streets. The vehicle is hesitating/stalling when the clutch is engaged or between shifting gears. The speeds are 0-70 when the vehicle is hesitating. There is no warning before the car dies. The vehicle has shown the code once and the code shown cylinder #1 misfired. The vehicle has been taken to the dealership 4 times for this problem. The vehicle is also having problems starting. The vehicle has not started twice, and both times it had to be rolled and started by the owner. The vehicle is having electrical problems; the owner thinks that the wiring harness is bad. The dealership told the consumer that the wiring harness is different. The vehicle has power surges. The owner is in the process of having the vehicle turned back in to Honda, using the reference to the lemon law. The owner has parked the vehicle. The owner feels like the vehicle is unsafe to drive. The vehicle is 11 months old and was purchased used.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Aug 012005

Civic

The auto stop feature I N the consumer's Honda hybrid engaged when slowing down resulting in the vehicle stalling. The consumer is concerned that he may be rear ended when this failure occurs.

- North Hampton, MA, USA

Oct 042004

Civic 4-cyl

My vehicle has been in the brown's Honda city service department 3 times in the last 6 weeks due to an electrical problem. The vehicle loses all charge, and the only way to restart it is by a jumpstart. The dealership told me twice that it was fixed, and the problem repeated itself. This time, the dealership told me there is nothing they can do, and they cannot fix the vehicle. I purchased an extended warranty on the vehicle when I bought the vehicle. It is not right that Honda sold a car to me that they cannot fix.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 092004

Civic 4-cyl

I was driving my car and had parked at a friends house waiting for him to come outside at 10:30pm when he entered the car I was tryin to make a U-turn and my car was turning on and off all by itself, and my wheel was turning to the off position as I was turning. I was able to drive home with no pronblem. That same week I was driving to Virginia to see a family member and as im driving down I-95 the car just shuts off and turns on again for by itself for no reason, and I was driving at a steady 65 miles an hour. I then called my Honda dealer and sceduled an appoinment and they had it for 3days and could not find anything. They said that to bring it to my alarm shop that installed and aftermarket alarm system on my car, because they thought I had an auto-start feature on my alarm. I told them I didnt but I would take it anyway just to make sure nothing was done wrong on their part. They had it for 1day and they too came up with nothing.they said it could not be the alarm that they took it out and put it back in and nothing was done wrong.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Jan 062004

Civic

The consumer used the valet key (extra) to start the vehicle and the entire electrical system shut down. The consumer attempted to use the electronic key to start the vehicle. The dealer can not explain what the problem could be that caused the keys to bend or why the electrical system to shut down.

- Concord, CA, USA

Dec 222003

Civic

While driving 70 mph driver noticed that driver's side rear tire was flat. Pulled over, and found that the rear of the vehicle was on fire. Vehicle was totally consumed with flames within minutes. Vehicle was totaled. The fire department could not determine the cause of the fire.

- Conroe, TX, USA