1. install helicoil and plug (1 reports)
2003 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 172014

Civic EX 1.7L

I purchased the car thinking it would be a great car to have in college, especially for driving back and fourth down the free way. I recently learned that Honda does not have the reputation that I thought they did. I have to mention that I have owned the vehicle for 5 years and have put over 12,000 miles without a problem but that has all changed. The previous owner and I have always stayed up on scheduled maintenance and oil changes at every 3,000 miles. The problem occurred while driving home from college last weekend. My vehicle stalled and than shut off. When I started it again it would barely run with a loud banging sound. I called a tow truck and found a new ride home. I later learned that my number 2 cylinder had blown out from the aluminum head. I had a helicoil put in along with a new could and spark plug. Luckily the cylinder did not suffer any major damage. Total cost was $650 to get the problem fixed.

I am currently in college and pay for everything. This is an expensive repair for I. Can't wait to graduate and sell my college car and buy a different vehicle.

Also... Watch out for transmission issues. My car will slip once in a while..

- , Cottage Grove, MN, USA