5.3

2. dealer replaced seat buckle (1 reports)
2003 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 122009

Civic LX 1.7L

Light has been on since I have purchased the vehicle, it has been reset but will continue to turn on.

- , Littlerock, California, USA

Jun 182012

Civic LX 1.7L

I had the infamous airbag solid light on. Took it to the dealership, diagnosed as defective seat belt buckle circuit. Part was ordered and will get a call when it arrives.

Just one of a laundry list of defects on this horrendous generation of Civic. Onto the next complaint item on this car...

- , Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey, USA

Sep 112011

Civic EX

I purchased my car used in 2005 from a small dealership (not Honda) and although it had never been in an accident, according to the dealer and blue book, the airbag light was on. The dealership told me that he didn't know why the light was on and that they weren't responsible for it. So I purchased it anyway. I did nothing about the problem since the car was running fine and so were the seat belts. In 2007 I finally took my car in to Honda dealership, they charged me $90 to diagnose but said they needed to remove the front bumper for future diagnosis and that there would be additional charges for that so I decided not to get it done, leaving Honda with the airbag light still on. They said they found something wrong with the left impact light. I declined further diagnosis to avoid the additional charges.

Does anyone know where I can take my car to get it looked at and fixed. From what I understand to get this fixed it can cost me anywhere from $300-$800 depending on the problem! I don't understand why I should have to pay for that when it was not in an accident!! Please somebody help.

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA