2003 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Oct 212007

Civic 4-cyl

My son was driving a 2003 Honda Civic si recently. He hit a telephone pole which totaled the vehicle. There was severe front end damage. The vehicle is equipped with air bags but they did not deploy. He and his passenger were restrained by the seatbelts and had only minor bruising from the accident.

- Sharon, MA, USA

Jan 152007

Civic 4-cyl

I was driving my 2003 Honda Civic-ex on a main road, speed limit 40 mph. At an intersection, I stopped in the left lane and waited for oncoming traffic to clear, so I could turn left. Suddenly, my car was struck from behind by a mack truck. The impact sent my car across the intersection, over a curb, and into a tree trunk. Air bags failed to deploy. My passenger and I were wearing seat belts, but our injuries were serious. We were taken by ambulance to hospital emergency room.

- Farmingdale, NY, USA

Mar 312006

Civic

I own a Honda Civic LX 2003. I am the first owner of the car. All of sudden the car has been showing the SRS indicator on all the time when the car is started. Which means air bags won't deploy in event of crash. Called Honda dealer from where I purchased the car and they said it would cost $$$ to check/fix. This is not fair. All the life saving equipments / devices have life time warranty on it. Please take some action against manufacturer (Honda) to fix this issue and have them fix it without charge.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Oct 172005

Civic

I ran into the back of a Honda Civic at about 20 mph. My air bags did not come out. I had a bit of chest pain after the crash. I think that Honda should check and fix this problem for free. If I was on a highway going 70 mph this accident could have been much worse.

- Lancaster, TX, USA

Apr 132005

Civic

While driving at 50 mph consumer's vehicle was involved in a frontal collision in which it crashed into a pole. Upon impact, air bags failed to deploy. Driver sustained a bump on her head.

- Cream Ridge, NJ, USA

Jul 272004

Civic 4-cyl

I hit a horse ( about 1,200 pounds) in the highway at 65 mph, the airbag did not deploy. I was immediately hit head on by a car that was traveling 69 mph, again the airbag did not deploy. My vehicle was a 2003 Honda Civic sedan LX. The car was totalled. And Honda manufacturer has refused to discuss it with me.

- Chloride, AZ, USA

Aug 232003

Civic 4-cyl

Driver traveling in 2003 Honda Civic at about 40 mph; other driver (in a Ford minivan) coming from opposite direction made illegal turn in front of Civic causing collision; Civic collided with front passenger wheel of the minivan, folding the wheel under; hit brakes on Civic but considerable damage to both vehicles (approximately $6000 on the Civic); air bag did not deploy on the Civic.

- Lansdale, PA, USA

Aug 132003

Civic

While driving at 25 mph consumer's vehicle hydroplaned and impacted another vehicle head on. Passenger's side seat belt didn't retract, and passenger's air bag didn't deploy upon impact, only the driver's side did.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Mar 122003

Civic

When the vehicle was hit in the front center the air bags did not deploy and caused minor injuries to the consumer. Dealer notified.

- Concord, CA, USA