2003 Honda Civic steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Nov 162011

Civic 1.6L

I have Honda civic 2003 size 1.6 and I had problem 6 months ago, where my power steering wheel got really hard(stiff) when I tried to park in between two cars, and when I drove the next day then it was fine and I never faced problem again for nearly 6 months now, drove around 1000 miles after that.

But yesterday I faced the same problem when I tried to park my car, and checked this morning if it is fine as it was before, and it steers as normal.

I checked the power steering fluid and it is there till maximum level (But I have not changed the oil since I bought the car in april this year)

Please help me on this. what could be the problem?

Is the power steering expects something to cool down (that is why it works ok next day) after it left parked overnight?

Advance thanks for your help

- , London, London, UK