4.7

$2,000.00

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2003 Honda Civic transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 012014

Civic EX 1.7L

First a humming sound when the clutch pedal is released, then 4th gear pops out to neutral position,then engine drags on reverse. I've drove older manual cars with higher mileage and they did not had this problem. Looks like its a cause of poor design or manufacturing issues.

- , Richardson, TX, USA

Sep 212012

Civic LX

It seems like pretty low kilometres to have to rebuild the transmission, but I guess I am not alone. It looks like the 2003 Civics definitely have transmission problems.

- , Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Jul 062010

Civic EX 1.7L

i have a 2003 Honda civic ex couple 1.7 liter. recently i have been hearing a humming noise when my clutch is not engaged. then when i push the clutch in the humming goes away. i have been told this is the input shaft bearing and that this is very common for civics to have problems with. usually you get this problem around 100,000 miles but me on the other hand i have 58,000 miles on my car and I'm having problems with it. i don't know if this is a recall at all or what but frankly its a pain in the ass because in order to fix this problem you need money. something a college student doesn't have much of. i take great care of my car because it gets me from point a to point b. i rely on my car every day and maintain it on a schedule. so for me to be having problems with my tans at 58,000 miles kind of pisses me off and i would like to know if Honda has a recall out for this problem since it is so common of a problem.

- , Stockholm, NJ, USA