2004 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 252013

Civic LX 1.7L V4

My radio keeps changing the station all by itself. It does it every time I drive, usually a few times depending on how long the trip is, always to the same fuzzy station. It happens when I'm parked and just sitting there with the car on, and it happens when I'm driving. No rhyme or reason.

- , Placerville, CA, USA

Oct 062006

Civic EX

I'm a die hard honda person. But come on how many electrical problems can you have with 1 car? I know 2 other people having similar electrical problems. I have also had problems with the defrost light going out. I have to hit the defrost button several times to get it back on. Also i had my car in for an issue with the headlights turning off. The honda dealer couldn't find the problem. It hasn't been a problem since. They probably knew the fix and did it. As mentioned before im also having a weird problem with the factory radio changing stations on its own. I had a 2000 Civic Ex with electrical issues after putting in an aftermarket CD player. When putting up my window you were hear an electrical snap sound through all my speakers. Same with when i would tap the breaks while i had the radio on.

- , Richfield, PA, USA