6.0

2004 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Nov 182006

Civic 4-cyl

Timing belt failure at 26,450 miles on engine startup.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Jun 102004

Civic 4-cyl

I recently bought a 2004 Honda Civic LX in California. The night I drove home and pulled over, I heard a noise coming from the front of the car. I opened the hood and realized the noise has been coming from the belts. I took my car back to the dealer where I bought the car and they turned me away and said the parts are probably too new and they need some time to 'break in'. the mileage on my car just over 1000 miles and I am very concerned of that noise if it will cause any major consequences. Please advise.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA