2004 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

May 062015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V370000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cary, NC, USA

Mar 202015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact stated that the air bag light flashed and remained illuminated for several months.

- Davenport, IA, USA

Apr 202015

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V370000 (air bags) and 15V320000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.....updated 11/13/15 the consumer stated the problem was resolved. Updated 15/15/15.

- Gardenia, CA, USA

May 282015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V320000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 192014

Civic

I checked the site using my VIN number and it keeps saying recall incomplete. I called the place I bought the car to see about a recall for the airbags and they never got back to me. I would like to know if my car is safe to drive and I don't understand what incomplete recall means. Another site said my car has 2 recalls, but I never received information on this. What do I have to do next to make sure my car is safe to drive?

- Columbia, PA, USA

Jun 012015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V700000 (air bags). The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician inspected the vehicle and stated that the air bag was working up to specifications. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kansaf City, MO, USA

Nov 142009

Civic

Took vehicle to Honda dealer 11/14/2014 for airbag recall. They only replaced the passenger side airbag. "inspected driver airbag. Found is autoliv. Airbag is okay". why would the driver's airbag not need replacing"? this bothers me greatly. Do you have a simple answer" (note: Date above on item 2 is incorrect - could not fix)

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 192014

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V351000 (air bags) and 14V353000 (air bags) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available for the recall repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 282015

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp flashed off and on intermittently. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V351000 (air bags) and 14V353000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not provide a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was not available. Updated 7/21/15

- Marysville , CA, USA

Jan 192015

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V700000 (air bags) and stated that the part required was unavailable to perform the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Nov 142014

Civic 4-cyl

The airbag light remains on. The car is due for an inspection and I have been quoted it could cost up to $400 to correct the airbag problem. The internet lists numerous issues with the airbag light and no recalls have been issued.

- Caribou, ME, USA

Nov 132014

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 86,930.

- Bayamon , PR, USA

Nov 112014

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V700000 (air bags). The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician deactivated the passenger side air bag as a temporary remedy. The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Palmetto Bay, FL, USA

Jan 312014

Civic

My son was driving my car new years eve he was parked at a local donut shop and decided to move the vehicle to another spot. As he was backing out the rear window was not fully defrosted and he hit another parked car. He was doing less then 10 miles an hour and my air bags deployed. Causing my car to be totaled due to the cost. I'm having it repaired as I do love my car but it should not have deployed at this low a speed. 3000 for air bags that I should have gotten a recall on and fixed it just wrong. I am the original owner of this vehicle.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Apr 012014

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 14V349000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jul 122014

Civic 4-cyl

On July 12, 2014 my husband (driver) and myself (passenger) were involved in a head on crash with my 2004 Honda Civic. Traveling at approx. 35 mph we hit a parked Dodge Ram truck head on. My husband suffered six fractured ribs. I had a black left eye, a severe concussion, a subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleed on the top of my brain), my top front teeth were embedded in my top lip and had a complicated vertical top lip laceration requiring stitches. Due to damage of my top lip I no longer have feeling at the location of the laceration or where my teeth were embedded in my top lip and was told I will not get it back. Due to the laceration I have a vertical scar from above center of my lip that goes to the inside of my lip. A couple months after our accident the airbag recall came out. We looked at photos of the inside of my Honda. Up until this time we could not figure out where my head/facial injuries came from. Looking at the photos you can see the airbag exploded. Thus it cut my face and caused me to go into the dashboard after exploding causing the severe concussion and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Had the airbag stay inflated as it should I would of not suffered the head/facial injuries. Some of which will now have the rest of my life....updated 01/06/15

- East Berlin, PA, USA

Dec 012014

Civic 4-cyl

2004 Honda Civic. Consumer concerned about the air bags in his vehicle. Updated 01/22/15

- Mauston, WI, USA

Nov 032014

Civic 4-cyl

Owned a 2004 Honda Civic car. The airbag light has been on for several weeks. Heard about the Honda air bag recall Nov. 2014. Honda says there is no air bag recall with this car yet?! this is malfunction is definitely not safe at all. Someone has to be responsible for people' lives.

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA

Dec 022013

Civic 4-cyl

The airbag light is on and will not turn off even after I brought it in for repair. It was off for about a week after the repair but went on again. Honda says there is no air bag recall with this car...I do not believe that this airbag is safe because of this malfunction.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Nov 232014

Civic

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Civic. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph attempting to avoid hitting a deer, the brakes were engaged, the vehicle spun around and crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was driven to the contact's residence. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The approximate failure mileage was 203,000.

- Clio, AL, USA