2005 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Civic:

2005 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Civic

Trunk lid latch malfunction. Lid does not close all the way causing it to open when seats & windows are down driving on the highway. The nylon inside the latch has worked it's way out causing the latch to bind and not close properly, thus making the trunk not actually locked. Is a security risk and also a safety hazard to others on the road. If you had a lot of belongings in the trunk they would be scattered all over the highway.

- Bells, TX, USA

Sep 172015

Civic

I was sitting in stopped construction traffic on 52 North at the martin luther king jr. Exit when the concreat was slung over the divider wall where the construction was being done and it splattered on my car hitting the hood, wind shield, top of car and the sides.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Oct 222014

Civic

I, was, in, a, accident, my, car, was, totalled, I, was, turning, the, corner, both, cars, hit.I, do, not, remember, everything, I was, hurt, both, airbags, deployed.I, was, hurt, in, my, left, arm, my, jacket, and, shirt, were, burned.I, was, taken, by, ambulance.to, the, hospital, arm, burns, and, chest, pains.they, did, xrays, meds, and, the, told, me, to, follow, up, w/my, pcp, they, sent, me, for, more.xrays.I, now, had, no, car, burns, your, recall, was, never, sent, before, that, date.I, just, got, it. This, is, so, wrong.I, hope, you, are, doing, something, about, it.

- Schenectay, NY, USA

Feb 012014

Civic 4-cyl

Rain beginning 2/1/14 for 4 days (1 day 3 inches of rain) rain ran into car on left driver's side floor board soaking carpet & mats. Went to several repair shops but they did not handle water leaks, went to wolfchase Honda where I purchased car Sept 2005 supposedly new vehicle on wed 2/5/14. After 2 days said it was front windshield & it needed to be resealed. I purchased new windshield 2/17/14 after current one cracked when trying to reseal after removing at auto windshield co. Rain still ran into car after freezing ice, rain, sleet & snow several days & nights 2/22/14 to 2/25/14. Took car back to wolfchase Honda but service mgr. Abdul jones does not want to do anything since car out of warranty, 9 yrs old. Jones stated NHTSA don't mean nothing, don't care about numerous complaints for same problem. Water leaking in trunk since Nov. 2010 (also numerous complaints). I have spoken to jones 4 times but he does not want to do anything. Not able to reach gen. Mgr. Of dealer. Please investigate, do recall. Car not designed or made correctly. Hole in roof (not welded to body right) where rain runs directly into car (source found by auto glass shop not dealer). I spent money on windshield but it was not the issue as told to me by dealer. Defective vehicle.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Feb 042014

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Honda Civic. The contact stated that water was leaking onto the driver's side floorboard area. Also, the contact mentioned that water was leaking into the trunk. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technician was unable to diagnose the failure but stated that the water could have been seeping in through the windshield. The windshield was replaced but failed to correct the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 166,000 and the current mileage was 169,000.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Sep 012011

Civic 4-cyl

Paint is peeling away on the car for no apparent reason. I have seen multiple Honda's with same issue.

- Claremont, CA, USA

Jul 142010

Civic 4-cyl

Honda Civic paint is peeling, fading, coming off to bare metal. Two body shops have told me not enough clearcoat on initial painting of vehicle.

- Easley, SC, USA

Aug 162009

Civic 4-cyl

Paint is peeling from the body of the car at the doors and paint clear coat is disappearing.

- Long Beach, CA, USA