2005 Honda Civic drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Civic:

2005 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Apr 072011

Civic 4-cyl

My transmission locked while I was driving. I'm not sure what exactly happened. I was in the middle of the street. The transmission/engine was running but the car wouldn't move. When I tried to move the gear to park it made an awful whining noise. It wouldn't allow me to. Had to call the police, who stood by moving traffic until a tow truck came.

- Lawrence, MA, USA