2006 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 202010

We purchased a 2006 Honda Civic LX back in late 2008. Back in the summer of 2010, the air conditioner just died. It blew air, just not cold air. Honda dealership said it wasn't covered under the warrantee, and that it would cost us $950 for repairs.

- Barrington, RI, USA

Aug 202010

Vehicle's audio/radio not working. 65, 000 miles, one owner. Radio switches to and from different outputs. Only way to stop this from occurring is to shut radio off. Once problem starts, it will happen more and more frequently until screen dims out and radio shuts down.

- Point Pleasant, NJ, USA

Apr 302010

The air conditioner on my 2006 Honda Civic failed. Since I have a 10-yr extended warranty, I had my Honda dealer diagnose the problem (cost $75). They told me that the ac condenser was damaged due to a rock/pebble impacting the condenser and that the warranty would not cover the problem. I had them replace the condenser (cost: $782). It turns out that there are hundreds of similar complaints about this defect for this Honda and others going back to 2003. There is absolutely no protection in the front grille that would prevent this from happening again. The design of this Honda welcomes debris to come through the grille! a simple $5 screen attached to the grille would have saved me $856. Something has to be done. I now have to look for my own custom grille to stop this from happening again. It's not if, it's when.

- Aptos, CA, USA

Mar 272010

2006 Honda Civic tires are cupping and wearing prematurely. A loud pulsing noise is coming from the rear of the car along with a vibration that corresponds with the noise. Local dealership replaced the rear upper control arm in accordance with service bulletin 08-001 dated February 8, 2008. Unfortunately I had to pay for the new tires since it is only a service bulletin and not a recall.

- Macomb, IL, USA

May 092005

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic.the contact stated that the speedometer is defective. The manufacturer was contacted and they just took her complaint. The VIN number was not available. The failure mileage was 15 and the current mileage is 65000.

- North Caldwell, NJ, USA

Aug 052008

After normal use the driver side sun visor has broke. The inside of the visor apparently has substandard parts and manufacturing allowing the plastic inside to break. The visor does not stay up and becomes a distraction.

- Caldwell, ID, USA

Jul 012008

I bought a 2006 Honda Civic with 50K miles on it one month ago. The air conditioning did not blow cold air from the very first time I turned it on. When I took it back to the Honda dealership (it has a bumper-to-bumper warranty for a year), they said a pebble hit the condenser and it would cost $700 to replace and is not covered by warranty because it is considered a road hazard. After reading this website: and talking to the dealership, I found that this is a very common problem. I feel that Honda should be responsible for this part.

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Aug 282006

Civic 4-cyl

I was driving my brand new 2006 Honda Civic ex with less than 10,000 miles on it when the car all of a sudden dies. I was in the middle of traffic and the car just stops in the middle of the road with no warning. I tried to start the car but it just would not start. If I was on the freeway or going into a turn I believe that I could have been seriously injured or I could have injured someone else. Took the car to the san francisco dealership (great dealership) and they said that the bolt tensioner broke, "how is it possible to break a bolt, it was very thick?". they replaced the bolt and water pumpthe, car runs fine, but I still wory that that this can happen again at any time.

- San Francisco, CA, USA