2006 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 292007

Civic 4-cyl

In August of 2006, I purchased a 2006 Honda Civic from bob howard automall in Oklahoma city, Oklahoma. Little did I know that this car was flawed from the beginning and Honda America knew it and did nothing to let any consumers know about this defect. The flaw in the car is that the rear axle is flawed and is causing tires to wear abnormally, thus causing flats and blowouts that consumers are unaware off. Currently there is no fix and Honda is unwilling to warrant any of the additional damage that their mistake has caused. This car that we own has had two blowouts on the rear tires and additional damage that was caused when we had to jump curbs to get out of the city traffic flow. Now Honda America wants to keep this flaw quiet and let consumers foot the bill for tires and any damage that this flaw from the manufacture has caused. Honda still has no fix and expects consumers to be aware of the problems. Cheers and concerned citizen

- Canyon, TX, USA

Aug 012007

Civic 4-cyl

Both visors in passenger compartment failed, due to poor design. Welded plastic seam is not tough enough to handle spring tension, both failed and fell to down position all time, causes a visibility issue.

- Wenatchee, WA, USA

Mar 012007

I purchased a brand new 2006 Honda Civic in January of 2006 from a dealership in auburn, wa.. two weeks ago I noticed the A/C had stopped working, so I brought the car into the dealer to have it checked and repaired. The car has only 11,000 miles on it. I was told that it was not covered under warranty because the problem occurred in the condenser which is between the open grill of the bumper and the radiator. The condenser, made of approximately the same material as aluminum foil and actually aluminum, is completely unprotected. The problem, according to the mechanic is widespread and across new Honda models. If a small pebble or any other tiny hard element happens to strike the completely unprotected condenser it knocks a nearly invisible (we can't see it) hole in it, which in turn knocks out all A/C. I explained that this is a poor design to have absolutely no protection for this part. The person said, yes, they understand but can do nothing to help and that they see this every week. I was told to call Honda consumer complaint line, which I did, and was told the same story and that they are looking into fixing it for future models. They all told me to claim it on insurance, that it is a road hazard problem. Obviously it's a design problem, and had I known about it I would have purchased a Toyota. Deductible on my insurance is $500 and the cost to fix is $600, it would make no sense to claim it and take the hit on insurance costs. Honda not only will not discuss any assistance for the present problem, but offers no fix to keep it from happening again. If I have this repaired tomorrow it could be knocked out again next week.

- Kent, WA, USA

Aug 282006

Civic 4-cyl

The A/C condenser on my 2006 Honda Civic was damaged by a small pebble. The repair bill is $500. I believe this is a design issue with Honda.

- Perrysburg, OH, USA

Jun 102006

Civic 4-cyl

The trunk on our 2006 Civic ex coupe which was assembled in Canada has had several problems since delivery. 1. passenger & driver visors broke off 2. foot pedal rest broke 3. passenger side seat trim broke off 4. trunk will not open at all. This includes pressing the button on the key or using the interior trunk release latch. 5. rear speaker deck lid has come lose.

- Campbell, CA, USA

May 142006

My husband and I just finished and extensive search for a new car. I found very few cars that were comfortable to me due to the active head restraints. I am five feet four inches tall and I like my seat to be more upright. Unfortunately, when you put the seats in this position, the head rest forces your head down, chin to chest. This would not be a problem if I were a man with large shoulder muscles or if I liked my seat to be in a reclining position. My reaction to the restraints is that they feel very unsafe. When I checked the federal web site, I found that the government tested only for the size of an average man. Will the rest of us die or sustain incredible injury" I am really worried about this, especially after reading that the restraints come further forward in the event of a rear collision. Can you check into this problem" I have bought a Honda Civic, but I will have to have a pillow behind my shoulders to keep my head from being in an impossible position for driving. This is not about an accident but I am afraid their will be problems. I will put today's date in your form to make it work.

- Richmond, VA, USA