2006 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 092012

Civic

My 2006 Honda Civic has stalled on me 7 times now. Every time it stalls, I am at a stoplight or stop sign and at a complete stop. The engine goes into idle mode and when the light changes or I can go, I take my foot off the brake and try or start to press the gas. Most of the time I don't even have the opportunity to press the gas pedal before the car stalls. The car completely shuts off. I have noticed the last two times that the car's ac was on during the stalls. Before I restart the car there isn't an error code or anything displayed. I have taken my car to a Honda dealership to have it tested and each time they connect it to a computer and tell me that there isn't anything wrong or they can't produce the problem. There isn't a fuel problem because I put shell gas in my car each and every time and I checked the air filter. I even had a technician at pepboys check the battery. Pepboys said the battery was in excellent condition. I have researched the problem and others on the internet say that it could be the computer's idle speed may need to be readjusted and some say the idle air control valve is faulty. I mentioned the idle air control valve to the Honda technician and they said that doesn't seem to be a problem. There is a problem because others have reported it and the car stalls.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Sep 172011

Civic 4-cyl

My 2006 Honda Civic is eating through rear tires. The tires thread on the inside is wearing out. The alignment has been checked and reading through the blogs, a lot of people are having the same problem. I don't know what else to do. I don't feel safe in the car. The dealership (Honda) is not recognizing this problem.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 012010

Civic

The driver side visor split. It will not stay in position. Due to this, I have no visual protection from the sun when I drive. It is hazardous.

- Hanoverton, OH, USA

Apr 192009

Civic

Sun visors have malfunctioned. I am unable to lift the visors back to the "up" position. I fear that this will cause an accident. There have been people who have entered the vehicle and it there head because the visor is stuck in the "down" position.

- Castroville, TX, USA

Jul 012007

Civic

I took the car to a Honda dealership because the back tires were wearing out prematurely on the inside. They replaced the upper control arms with the "supposedly" correct control arms marked C and did an alignment, but that did not solve the problem! I just bought a full set of new tires in July of 2010 and my car was aligned and I am about to need new tires again! in addition, the driver's visor fell off and was replaced. However, both visors fell off the second time, and are now held on with zip ties. There is a design flaw in the visor as well.

- Ahoskie, NC, USA

Oct 252010

Civic

The car loses power upon acceleration and going up a hill from a complete standstill. The car at times can not climb up a hill. This causes a safety issue. I have discussed this Honda and I was told that "given that there was not a computer record in the memory there was not a problem. On the freeway the engine revs upon acceleration without any increase in speed. I think the battery electrical assist system is defective and needs to be replaced, Honda added a computer patch to the car that slowed down the electric engine assist and comprimised the power and acceleration.

- Piedmont, CA, USA

Jun 012010

Civic

Sun visors on 2006 Civic LX crack at the seam and no longer stay up and obstruct view.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 082010

Civic

I experienced an acceleration problem on 2 occasion which prompted me to go online. Here I discovered that other people had experienced this issue and that there was a recall for Honda Civic 2 door models. What I want to know is why wasn't I contacted that there was a recall/national problem with cars like mine. Both incidents of lunging/jerking and being hard to stop the car happened (1st time: Early July/ 2nd time late July). I told my dad the beginning of November in a conversation and he said to make an appointment immediately because it sounded like the Toyota acceleration type problem.

- Newark, DE, USA

Dec 012008

Civic

Sun visor started to split open two years ago at only 30,000 miles, problem has been getting worse, and now it is at the point where it just dangles in front of the eyes and won't even stay put. I have to move it to the side everytime I'm driving. Apparently, it is not covered under warranty, so I'll have to pay from my pocket to get it fixed.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 302007

Civic 4-cyl

I have a Honda Civic 2006 (lease) this car has 2 recall one on 8/30/07 and on 11/07 but the dealer never sent me any warning, note, letter or call to notify this situation, I read that by fed law they should contact me and let me know the ricks that this issue can cause me. I called because I had a problem with my car keys code and they told about this and they said sorry because they do not know why I was not notify about this I very disappointed because that is very dangerous and I do not get notify at all, I had 3 cars with the Honda all 3 are lease cars so it is not excuse that they cannot contact me also I am living T the same place for more than one year and I got my Honda bill every month.

- Miami, FL, USA