2006 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Dec 052014

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. When the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light would remain illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiring harness for the front passenger side air bag failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 96,000.

- Chatham, NJ, USA

Jul 122015

SRS light stays on and airbags won't deploy in event of accident. No recall issued to fix must pay out of pocket for faulty design, safety issue. Known issue among Honda Civic 2006 owners.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 292015

Civic 4-cyl

Was driving down a neighborhood street getting ready to turn, driver air bag, passenger curtain, and side seat air bags deployed, the seat belt is no longer in working order because of this...and here was no reason for these to deploy, no impact to anything whatsoever. Honda ask about pot holes and if we encountered one, nothing to the at effect either. I was hit in my chest and stomach, passenger was hit in arm and side of head from these. I am in my first trimester of pregnancy. Both myself, the firebrand passing went to dr. Honda Corp was called and notified, regional manager came to local Honda dealer to have car looked at. Honda rep insisted this would not just happen, but it did, as I was in vehicle and the driver. After having car inspected, they informed us they it was impact related. There were no damages, dents or anything to support this "theory". they refused to do anything to the car except want to charge me a fee for this service. The estimate given to take care of my vehicle was $6,500. Did I fail to mention that passenger front air bag did not deploy, despite the fact that it was a so called "impact". Honda has not done anything to make restitution in any way, closed our file and left us to take care of it. Refused to accept responsibility fro a Honda product.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Jun 112015

A female ran a red light speeding at 55 mph in a 30 mph zone ripping off my entire bumper putting a dent on the top of my hood on the driver side and my airbag never came out! before I seen on the news about the recalls, my airbag warning signals always come on and stay on for long periods of time before they go off and this had happen several times!

- Houston, TX, USA

May 222015

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag deployed without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Jonesboro, LA, USA

Mar 312015

Civic 4-cyl

The air bags in my vehicle did not deploy in a front and back end collision that I was involved in. It caused me to fly forward and injure myself, hitting the steering wheel in my chest and abdomen. My car was at halt at a traffic red light and a Ram 1500 van whose brakes failed to apply bumped into my car from behind, which caused my car to also collide with the car in front. This caused severe damage to my car, both in front and back and the air bag signs went on and the seat belt retracted but the air bags did not get deployed inspite of such severe impact.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Mar 022015

Civic 4-cyl

I recently had my air bag light come on. Car was not in an accident. Took it to the dealer paid $115 for a SRS diagnostic. They said that the passenger seat weight sensor was faulty and was not receiving any signal. They recommended replacing the passenger outer and inner weight sensor at a whopping cost of nearly $900 this manufacturing safety failure is apparently not covered under warranty. They covered my failing paint job one year ago but fail to cover a safety issue that if in an accident will not deploy my passengers airbag and also wont lock the seat belt putting anybody in that seat at grave danger. Since the sensor is faulty and does not detect anyone sitting in the passenger seat. Other Civic owners seem to be having the same issue. How can one get the dealer to own up to its product and replace its faulty safety equipment in their vehicles. Smh

- Visalia, CA, USA

Mar 072015

There is a malfunction in the air bag sensor that the dealership told me could cause the airbags to deploy at anytime or even not go off during an accident. But apparently the repair is not covered.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 052007

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 60 mph, the vehicle veered to the left without warning. As a result, the contact crashed into a tree and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a fractured ankle, a fractured nose and ribs, and a brain injury that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 18,000. Updated 2/11/15 updated 10/2/2015

- Massapequa Park, NY, USA

Dec 102014

Honda part#: 77900-sna-A01 (methode) -or- 77900-sna-A02 (furukawa) reel assy, cable. With the failure of this part, vehicle cruise control, radio controls and SRS air bags failed. The cable reel assembly is the component that makes the electrical connection between the function buttons and air bag on the steering wheel to the non-rotating steering column. The ribbon cable inside this mechanism was completely severed on the vehicle.

- Gahanna , OH, USA

Sep 192014

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. While driving over a curb, the seat belt warning indicator illuminated and the seat belt failed to retract. The dealer stated that all the air bags were disabled. The vehicle was repaired, but the air bag indicator illuminated intermittently. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 31,000.

- Culver City, CA, USA

Sep 242014

Civic 4-cyl

The airbag warning light in my 2006 Honda Civic ex has been illuminating intermittently for several months. It started by illuminating perhaps 5% of the times I was driving, but now it illuminates perhaps 50% of the time. I have been in no accidents. When I brought the car to Honda on 9-24 they could find nothing wrong. I brought it back again on 9-26 and they at first suspected a short in the wires, and said no hard codes were stored. After a more work Honda reported that the driver's side front airbag needed replacement. It seems to me that a passive element like this should not fail after only 8 to 9 years. Isn't this a defect?

- Aurora, CO, USA

Sep 242014

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. While making a right turn at 15 mph, both the driver and passenger side air bags deployed without warning and the vehicle filled with smoke. As a result, the windshield cracked. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Madison Heights, MI, USA

Apr 302014

Civic 4-cyl

Returning home, I struck a parked vehicle in the roadway with substantial damage to my passenger front, suspension & fender. The air bag control module was even broken but no passenger air bag deployment. Very fortunate that no one was in the passenger seat. Serious safety concern & I need to know how this could have happened.!....updated 07/31/14

- Greenville, SC, USA

Apr 282014

Civic 4-cyl

Lost control of vehicle trying to avoid an object on the highway. My vehicle hit the railing on the interstate and the air bags did not deploy. My vehicle was declared a complete lost as other damage to the frame occurred, and the drivers side front wheel came off.

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

May 282014

Civic 4-cyl

Last evening 5/28/2014 at 10:10 pm my wife and I were running an errand when a driver from another vehicle pulled blindly across 2 lanes of traffic in front of us. Due to the fact a semi tractor trailer combination was in the left hand lane, stopped, I was unable to see any vehicle in the suicide lane until he was in my lane of travel. We were driving at approx 35 mph when the collision occurred. My 2006 Honda Civic coupe hit a late 2000's Jeep Wrangler. Impact area was to the right front of my vehicle and the right rear wheel area of the other vehicle. The seat belts worked as designed, but neither airbag went off. I have pictures of the car and the lateral accelerometer on the right front is hanging. This system was fully operational, and had no codes stored in the SDM nor any lights on the dash. The impact was less than 6 inches from the sensor. My query is to why the bags did not deploy. Speed should have been great enough to cause deployment, as well as the area of impact.

- Sidney, OH, USA

May 222014

Civic 4-cyl

I recently just rear ended someone on the freeway who came to a very sudden stop in front of me and I was unable to stop in time. My car has $5,500 worth damages all in the front end (and is no longer drivable) from how hard the impact was, for the car I hit had a steel ramp on the back of it. My airbag did not go off and I now have a sprained neck, shoulder, and nerve damage shooting down my left arm. My seatbelt does not retract anymore it must have locked and every single person even my damage adjuster does not understand why my airbag didn't go off, for it should have!

- Federal Way, WA, USA

Mar 162014

Civic 4-cyl

6/2013 car accident I hit a parked car traveling at approximately 20-25 miles per hour. The airbags did not deploy. The company chosen to do the work (custom innovations in eugene, Oregon) did not repair the motor mounts. Which im very upset about and trying to deal with. After having the work done the car was taken to Honda (kendall Honda also in eugene, Oregon) to have an assessment of my car diagnosed. The was the motor mount issue and other items oil change, transmission flush and the SRS light was on. Honda service dept. Could not diagnose the SRS and said they would get back to me. They never did. Approx 1mo. Diagnosis at Honda, I was sitting in a park parking lot charging my phone in the car with it in the accessory position. I had been there about 10 minutes when all of a sudden the drivers side airbag in the seat and the rear drivers side curtain air bag deployed. Scared the crap out of me and my dog. I suffered minor cuts, abrasions and severe bruising to my left elbow and tricep. I immediately went to Honda. It was a Sunday so only the sales team was there. I went again on Monday only to be sent away, with a we will call you.....very dismissive and vague. Then after calling 5-6 times they finally scheduled an appointment to look into it. Afterwards, they didn't have much to tell me except that it would cost me thousands of dollars to repair and no they didn't have an answer for why the airbags went off. Essentially I feel that the airbags should be replaced free of charge in addition to the SRS sensors all being replaced because I have a feeling this was all due to the recall on the passenger seat occupant detection system.....which I did not know about nor have it checked prior to any of the mentions events. I am very concerned that there is a chance the other airbags may deploy at random. I also would like my car to have all the recalls completed.

- Harrisburg, OR, USA

Mar 282008

Civic 4-cyl

My vehicle was rear ended at a dead stop by another vehicle and then my vehicle hit the vehicle in front of my vehicle but the airbags did not deploy. Only the driver was in my vehicle. Other vehicles in the incident had their airbags deploy.

- Nyack, NY, USA

Sep 112013

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic LX. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated as the engine began to operate roughly. The vehicle also began shaking violently. The contact then hastily exited the vehicle and failed to secure the vehicle in park. As a result, the vehicle began to roll downhill and crashed into an embankment. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was removed from the embankment by a tow truck and taken to a local mechanic where the contact was advised that the air bag module had failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was not available.

- Goldbar, WA, USA