2006 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Jul 242013

The contact owns a Honda Civic. The contact stated that an explosive sound came from the seat belt. The contact was no longer able to utilize the seat belt and took the vehicle to a dealer where nd it was determined that the seat belt tensioner failed. As a result, the air bag was no longer operable. The dealer explained that the air bag and seat belts were connected. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 100,000.

- Gold Bar, WA, USA

Jun 182013

Civic 4-cyl

I was in a front-end accident. Air bags failed to deploy, causing injury. Vehicle was totaled.

- Tomball, TX, USA

May 012013

Civic 4-cyl

Around may of 2013, I was driving to work when the SRS side airbag light came on. That same day, I drove to a Honda dealership, the servide department of which told me that all they could do was reset the light because they could not read the code. The service guy then told me that in the event the light comes back on, then I would need to replace the airbags. During that time, the light would come on and off. When off, the light would come on whenever I drove over an uneven terrain. I went to yet another dealership who could not tell me anything substantial about the problem because the light was off when I brought the car in. Around mid-June, the SRS light started coming and staying on. I called Honda this morning to see if there was any recall and was told that there was no recall related to this issue and that I cannot be helped. I am taking my car in again to see what the problem is, so that at least I can pinpoint the issue. This is a safety issue in that it appears that with this light on, my airbag system is disabled. In the event I get into an accident, I will not be protected. This is essentially disturbing because my airbags have never deployed since I bought the car brand new. I do not understand why I have to pay for a faulty airbag system that has really never been put to use. I really hope that Honda find a solution to this problem.

- Burtonsville , MD, USA

Apr 102012

Civic 4-cyl

The SRS light will come on, stay on for days, and then randomly go off only to come back on randomly and stay for days. The dealership told me there is a faulty wire which grounds out the SRS system which cuts all power to seatbelt tensioners and airbags.

- Mariposa, CA, USA

Feb 192013

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that while in neutral, the front passenger, passenger side curtain and passenger rear curtain air bags deployed without warning. The contact was not involved in a crash. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the air bags needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 90,000. Updated 03/27/13

- Chicopee, MA, USA

Feb 192013

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that another vehicle crashed into the driver's side of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and the driver sustained injuries to the sternum and cartilage. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the air bag failure. The failure mileage was 152,000.

- Tuscumbia, AL, USA

Jun 022012

My passenger door was closed at a gas station and my passenger side curtain air bag deployed. There is no damage physically except for the air bags.

- Westbrook, ME, USA

Jul 292011

Civic 4-cyl

SRS light comes on and does not go off. Codes 32-10, 33-10 hard codes will not clear. Related to passenger airbag inflater and left side curtain airbag, respectively. There is a service bulletin on these items but, as yet, no recall notice. Honda refuses any responsibility for repair/replacement of affected parts as it is out of warranty. Should there be time limits on such items?

- Port Washington, NY, USA

Aug 182011

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the SRS warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. An authorized dealer was notified of the failure and the contact was informed that the warning light was indicating that the rear passengers were not wearing their seat belts. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer and the contact was then informed that the air bag system failed. The contact was also informed that the system failed due to a damaged wiring system under the front passenger seat. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 101,000.

- Blaine, MN, USA

Jul 162011

2006 Honda sedan going 70 mph on interstate hit a roadside post head on airbags did not deploy, left rear tire torn off by edge of pavement car spun to right, rolled on driver's side then roof, slid down highway. No side airbags deployed. Driver had head neck and back injuries, front passenger had abdominal injuries, car had new rear tires 24 hours old, had been maintained by dealer with and oil change and inspection 24 hrs before the accident, car support posts were worn through roof had begun to buckle front of roof worn through, side panels on drivers side were scraped mirrors ripped off, front windshield cracked but held in place, driver's door window broke away, all other windows intact, passenger side doors were jammed driver's door was able to open partially. Trunk remained intact as did the rear passengers' area both were unharmed except for seatbelt ( and carseat) bruises. Car was a total loss.

- Taylorsville, UT, USA

Oct 202010

Air bag inflator driver side malfunction.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 152009

SRS airbag warning light turns on intermittently. Dealer states defect is bad crimp in wiring harness but will not consider warranty. Repair cost is astronomical.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jun 292010

On June 29, 2010, SRS light on 2006 Honda Civic was illuminated, indicating problem with airbag. Honda advised that airbag detonator needed to be replaced. Airbag had never deployed, car had never been in an accident. Honda originally refused to cover cost of repair and then made "goodwill" adjustment to cover 38% of cost. The identical part failed on airbag on other side of car 2 weeks later.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jul 102010

2006 Honda Civic ex the SRS light stays on which disarms air bag system on car. Took vehicle to dealer, they stated the opds unit was faulty. That make and model of vehicle has a recall which describes a sensor problem with SRS system that could eventually lead to a whole system to fail. Called american Honda, they responded that the recall had been made but could not produce any proof of paperwork to me because I was the second owner. I bought the car from a certified Honda dealer two and a half years prior the only proof of any recall done was a rear wheel bearing done before my purchased is shown on records. The point is that the SRS system has been identified as a frequent problem with my vehicle, american Honda refused to fix on their dime because warranty expiration but the air bag system and components in that car has a track of not working properly. The car is under 73,000miles. This is a safety issue for consumers of their products! I have not done any repairs as of now.

- El Monte, CA, USA

Apr 152010

The 2006 Honda was stopped at an intersection with the owner driving and the owners son in the passenger seat. There was a car stopped in front of them. The owners car was hit from behind and pushed into the front car. None of the airbags deployed. Both front seat belts failed causing the driver to impact the steering wheel and the passenger to impact the dashboard. Both driver and passenger went to the emergency room and were diagnosed with chest contusions. The seat belts remained pulled out (they didn't retract after the accident). The vehicle is being repaired and the owner has requested that all seat belt parts be turned over to the owner.

- Mint Hill, NC, USA

Mar 282008

My previous 2006 Honda Civic LX 2 door coupe was involved in a front and rear end crash and none of the airbags deployed. I was at a complete stop in traffic and was rear ended. The car in front and the car behind me both had their airbags deploy. The car behind rear ended me and then I hit the car in front of me and that car into another car in front of that and another car in front of that 5 cars involved. I contacted Honda Motors usa concerning this and they told me the reaction by my car was "normal" under the circumstances. My insurance totaled the vehicle. Only up until now did I know where and how to file a complaint. I feel this was an error and a failure of the vehicle. Luckily nobody was hurt in this accident.

- Nyack, NY, USA

Dec 122009

Contactowns a 2006 Honda Civic. While driving 40 mph the vehicle was involved in an crash. Contact stated that all the rear airbags deployed. Contacts son was strapped into a safety seat. Contact stated that her son was injured during the crash. The current and failure miles were not available.

- Saratoga Springs, UT, USA

Apr 132009

2006 Honda Civic air bag system did not work. Consumer lives in argentina. ***** the consumer stated 3 of the wheels on the vehicle failed and the other wheel separated. The consumer referenced recall# 07V399000.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Aug 302007

Civic 4-cyl

I have a Honda Civic 2006 (lease) this car has 2 recall one on 8/30/07 and on 11/07 but the dealer never sent me any warning, note, letter or call to notify this situation, I read that by fed law they should contact me and let me know the ricks that this issue can cause me. I called because I had a problem with my car keys code and they told about this and they said sorry because they do not know why I was not notify about this I very disappointed because that is very dangerous and I do not get notify at all, I had 3 cars with the Honda all 3 are lease cars so it is not excuse that they cannot contact me also I am living T the same place for more than one year and I got my Honda bill every month.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 162008

Civic 4-cyl

Driving North through intersection about 35-40 mph in kinston nc yesterday cloudy but dry day. An automobile was directly in path heading West. I slammed on breaks but still collided with the side of a small minata. Point of impact was dead front middle. I recalled thinking to myself that it was not that bad of an impact because the airbag did not deploy. Right at this point I was coasting to a stop when the airbag did deployed. A lot of good that did! I am concerned for others safety that the airbag on my 2006 Honda Civic did not deploy and have read other complaints on this site.

- Somerset, KY, USA