8.6

1. replace rear control arms, alignment and new tires (35 reports)
  3. join class action lawsuit (14 reports)
  4. report it to Honda please (14 reports)
  5. replaced upper control arms (6 reports)
  6. honda tsb08-001 (4 reports)
2006 Honda Civic wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Jan 012014

Civic EX 2L

I have gone through 6 sets of tires on my Honda since 2008. Honda did not cover costs for the real control arms or tires... and the time for reimbursement has long passed. Yet, it still does it.

- , Twentynine Palms, California, USA

Oct 052014

Civic EX

Bought this car used and discovered it has this problem. Apparently the time limit to join the class action law suit is past, so I guess I am screwed.

- , Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Aug 202014

Civic LX 1.8L Inline 4-cyl

I replaced my tires not knowing there was a service bulletin out there. Honda never made me aware of it. I now know there was a Class Action Settlement wherein Honda would do repairs at their cost. I missed that and now am being told I have to fix it at my own expense. Honda clearly knows which vehicles were affected by the defective or mis-ordered part and should own the problem and fix it at their cost regardless of the claim window created by a judge.

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

May 222014

Civic LX V6

as the owner of this vehicle, i have never received any type of notification that this problem existed until i started a web search for information on why this problem occurred to the honda civic. we formerly owned a honda accord and never had any service problems (other than regular maintenance concerns). i am really disappointed in the fact that this is taking up time to conduct discovery of facts, repairing some of the problems and then buying new tires. the tire warranty does not cover uneven wear!!!

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jun 182014

Civic EX 1.8L

This is the 4th or 5th time now since I have owned this vehicle that the tires on the rear prematurely wear out. After the last tire wore out I found out at the tire shop that their was a recall, so we took the car to the dealer. They told us that because our vehicle has a salvage title that they were unable to do anything. My vehicle was wrecked at about 65000 miles or so, the wreck was professionally fixed and the impact never even affected the rear suspension/alignment. Then they told us that we missed the deadline anyway to have it replaced under the recall (I MEAN SERIOUSLY). It seems to me that this issue is a SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE that can easily lead to a blow out and perhaps an accident. The car now has 190,000 miles on it and I am now having to replace the rear tires again which are worn out prematurely. This is getting real OLD and costly.

The worst thing is that the dealer in Farmington, NM told me that they would look at the car and tell me what I needed to purchase to do the upgrade myself, or to have some professional shop install it. So after looking at the car they informed me that the vehicle already had the upgraded kit installed, which I find odd since I have owned the vehicle for about 4 years now and I have never taken it to the dealer. I think they lied for one. I don't even know what to do anymore, I hate to try and sell this car when I know that it has a problem and I don't feel comfortable pawning it off on someone else. This last tire change only lasted me about 8 months. I'm really fed up with HONDA and their NONSENSE. I don't think I will ever purchase another vehicle from them again.

- , Waterflow, NM, USA

Feb 172010

Civic EX 1.8L

FIRST NOTICES A LOT OF NOISE COMING FROM REAR AREA. GETS WORSE WITH PEOPLE IN BACK SEAT. THEN I NOTICED REAR TIRES WEARING BADLY ON INSIDE EDGES. TOOK CAR TO HONDA APRIL 2010 WITH 26313 MILES. THEY SAID NO PROBLEMS AND CHARGED ME $105 FOR ALIGNMENT. TWO MORE SETS OF TIRES LATER STILL HAVE PROBLEM. HONDA SHOULD HAVE SENT OUT RECALL NOTICES AND DONE REPAIRS. WHEN I FINALLY FOUND OUT THAT THEY ADMITTED PROBLEM THE TIME TO CLAIM WENT BY. I BOUGHT THREE SETS OF TIRE, SEVERAL ALIGNMENT, REAR SHOCKS, ONE REAR BEARING ASSY. TO TRY TO CURE PROBLEM. I THOUGHT HONDA WAS A REPUTABLE COMPANY. I WILL PROBABLY NEVER GET ANOTHER HONDA. RECALCULATING MY BUYS AFTER DOING THIS LETTER, IT PROBABLY COST ME MORE LIKE $900 IN COSTS TO TRY TO FIX.

- , Jackman, Maine, USA

May 242014

Civic EX 1.8L Sohc

It is absurd that Honda would realize a defect in its manufacturing and then refuse to fix a problem they created after an arbitrary date. I want this fixed on their dime.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA

Mar 012006

Civic SI 1.8L

I missed the deadline for the class action lawsuit, and now Honda will not cover any of the expenses. Should I just sue them in court?

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 212014

Civic EX 1.8L

“Uneven or Rapid Tire Wear" due to defective upper control arm.

Currently Honda has a Campaign L-82 to repair the C arm but only for the Civic 2006-2007 SI or Hybrid model.

My Civic EX model is not covered. I told their dealer that Honda had this Service Bulletin VIII-10-07 dated back Nov 26, 2007. This service was only covered over warranty, unfortunately I don't have extended warranty for my 2006 Civic EX. Is there anything legally that can be done? I am sure there are other Civic owners out there with the same dilemma.

- , Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada

Oct 012006

Civic SI 2.0L

Owned this car since new, since 10,000 was wearing out tires on rear on inside edges, paid for alignments over and over, still wears. AFTER YEARS of tires wearing out, found out about fix to replace upper control arms to fix issue. went to dealership i was told it was not covered, but there was a better upper a arm to fix it........What I have is a letter saying it is and now its not........what a joke and waste of time and tires. Was going to buy another honda, on my fifth one...... no more for me due to the bad customer service from honda and dealers.

- , Reedley, CA, USA

Mar 152014

Civic LX V4

I love the Honda civic's performance so far. After this problem of "Roaring Noise" from the rear tire, I am really feeling I should not buy any more Honda products. It looks like there is a lawsuit settlement about this issue, but I did not get any information from Honda. It is really expensive to replace the tires and parts now.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 102012

Civic DX 1.8L

I HAVE BOUGHT A SET OF TIRES FOR THIS CAR EVERY 20000 TO 25000 FOR THE PAST 3 YRS. I HAVE CHANGED BOTH CV AXLES, WHEEL BEARINGS, LOWER FRONT CONTROL ARMS ON BOTH SIDES, SHOCKS STRUTS, RACK AND PINON, POWER STEERING PUMP, AND HOSE TO POWER STEERING. NOT TO MENTION WHEN I WENT TO THE THE DEALERSHIP FOR THEM TO FIX MY CV AXLES THAT WERE UNDER WARRANTY, THEY PACKED THEM FULL OF GREASE AND SAID THEY CHANGED THEM. MY CAR WAS AT 98000 MILES. NEED LESS TO SAY THOSE AXLES WENT TO SH*T AND BROKE THE BEARING HOUSING TO THE TRANSMISSION AND BEARING WERE FLYING AROUND IN MY TRANS AND HAD TO REPLACE THAT TOO...

CALLED THE DEALERSHIP ON IT AND SINCE MY WARRANTY WAS OUT CAUSE I HIT THE 100000 MARK THEY BASIC SENT ME AWAY. WITH NO LUBE I TOOK THAT ONE IN THE ASS. THANK YOU HONDA FOR THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SH*T I HAVE EVER OWNED OR FOR OFFERING YOUR BACK DOOR MECHANICS THAT MADE MY CAR THE WAY IT IS NOW

- , Hesperia, CA, USA

Jul 012013

Civic LX 1.8L

My car is seven years old and I have put at least 5 sets of tires on my car in that time. It is ridiculous and had no idea it was a common issue. That's a lot of my money to be replacing tires every year!

- , Carlsbad, CA, USA

Feb 281998

Civic EX

After buying FOUR pairs of tires for the rear of my car by the time I had 47,000 miles on it - and being told by Honda I didn't know what I was talking about when I made the complaint with each pair... Honda did replace the upper control arms for me...and even bought me now tires! BUT NOW... I have 160,000 miles on the car and the nightmare has RETURNED! And just like the first time... no one can find anything wrong with my car! I will NEVER buy another Honda... this is a nightmare. I purchased Honda for their reputation.... guess that is gone now!

- , Montague, CA, USA

Apr 302012

Civic EX V4

not much to say....rear tires bow in so bad, i have to replace my tires each year....i rotate often...my tires have tons of tread on the outside and wires showing on the inside....the rear tires bowing is very obvious too....it sux

- , Lebanon, TN, USA

Feb 262007

Civic LX 1.8L I4

My tires were wearing out prematurely and since it was a salvaged vehicle the dealer will not fix the rear camber problem inherent with many 2006 - 2008 civics. I ended up purchasing eccentric bolts off of ebay to correct the rear camber problem and new tires with an alignment. Cost $600.

- , Winchester, CA, USA

Aug 152007

Civic SI Ivtech

Honda needs to pay to fix rear suspension problems for uneven and premature rear tire wear and stop telling customer's there's no design issues!!!!

- , Red Lion, PA, USA

Jun 012006

Civic

excess rear tire wear ride nosey and rough

Honda knows this is an issue with these cars. I have two for which I’ve brought several set of tires. It is very obvious that this is an engineering design flaw. Since I practically live in my I haven’t had time to stop by this deal. They want 300 dollars to replace the part minus tires and alignment. I’m looking at several hundred in expenses. This is far from fair.

- , Toms River, New Jersey, USA

Nov 182010

Civic DX 1.8L

my rear tires wear out prematurly. i have to replace the rear tires at least every 6 months. i have had the control arms fixed but still not helping.

- , Manuels, Newfoundland, canada

Dec 002008

Civic LX

Premature wear on the inside of the rear tires. It first started out just wearing slightly more than the rest of the tire, causing a jagged wear in the tread that caused road noise and vibration. It gets worse with every new set of tires and now it wears out the inside while the outside of the tire (tread) still looks fairly new. I was first told I had too much weight on the back end from what I was carrying in the trunk. Then I was told by a mechanic that it was a problem that Honda was recalling and they would fix it. I had a recall notice sent to me and forgot what it was about so I assumed that when I found the card, I could get it fixed. Again, at this time, it wasn't as big of a problem as it is now. When I found the recall card and realized it wasn't for the problem but for something else (accelerator pedal), I mentioned to Honda that I was having this problem. They didn't give me a solution when I had it in to get some work done and two new tires put on. Meanwhile I feel like I was also getting an alignment every time I had it in for tires, this was also a result of the primary problem. Just had it in today and now Honda is saying that it was a warranty issue and not a recall. They didn't bother to tell me this when I complained about it several times over the last few years and now they want me to pay out of pocket for parts and labor, not to mention, buying new tires and another alignment (just had an alignment about 6 months ago). I am frustrated and wondering how Honda can get away with this!

- , Weston, WV, USA