2.6

2007 Honda Civic accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 012015

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving, the passenger side visor fell down and obstructed the contact's view. The dealer diagnosed that the visor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 79,000.

- San Bernadino, CA, USA

Aug 012015

Civic

The driver side sun visor fell apart. This started about a year ago. It started off being annoying. We had to manually hold the visor together to put it up or down. It finally broke apart and can't even be put back on.

- Happy, TX, USA

Mar 182014

Civic

Wipers do not park when turned off after use in the appropriate spot. They continue to run for several more cycles until they park in the middle of the windshild. This causes a view obstruction while driving and ultimately distracts the driver. The wipers have to be tunred on and off numerous times so that the wipers end up in the correct position at the bottom of the windshield. Also the continuous running of the wipers when the window is dry results in frequent replacement of the wiper blades in order to prevent scratching on the windshield by the worn out rubber insert. I believe this is caused by the wiper motor malfunctioning.

- South River, NJ, USA

Feb 162016

Civic

My wipers won't park in the "park location" (they stay in the middle of windshield) and when I press the switch upwards for one swipe, the wipers will continue for multiple cycles and then finally stop in a random spot on the windshield. Occasionally, all three speeds on the switch(hi, med, low), are all the same (low speed). Happens while driving or stationary. Has become a nuisance in very light rain because it will continue once the windshield is dry and can be a potentially dangerous visibility issue for the driver.

- Framingham, MA, USA

Jan 012015

Civic

Wipers will not park in correct spot blocking visibility, also will not stop and can continue going for minutes on end after being switched off. This is very distracting to my driving. Feel Honda should own up to this issue since it is a common problem on many of their vehicles.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Feb 042016

Civic

The wiper motor or wiper control module is known to stop working correctly on 2007 Honda Civic. When the temperature lowers during winter the wipers do not seat correctly and sometimes will not turn off after being used. They will sometimes stop in the middle of the windshield blocking the drivers view until they are moved again. There is no way to make sure that the wipers stop in the correct parked spot. This causes the driver to continue to activate the wipers until they are clear of the field of view. The causes extra wear and tear on the wiper blades, causing the owner of the vehicle to have to purchase more wiper blades than needed. Living in Washington state, where it rains quiet a bit, this makes me have to spend extra money on wiper blades. Honda has not issued a recall on the wiper motor. Their suggestion is to have the wiper motor replaced, which I have done once already in the winter of 2013. As of this winter, 2015-2016, the wipers have began to not park correctly after being used again, again blocking the drivers field of view while driving. It would take a short internet search to see that my vehicle is not the only one to have this problem. Honda has already said they will not issue a recall, but I believe this to be a safety issue with my vehicle and other similar models. This safety issue happens all all times with the vehicle, whether it's at slow or highway speeds.

- Stanwood, WA, USA

Aug 012015

Civic

On my 2007 Civic ex, the driver side visor popped open at the parting line near the hinge and the plastic ribs inside broke. It does not want to snap back into place in any direction (front, back, or side). It hangs so low that it is blocking the view of the road (front windshield and driver side window) at all times. I am very disappointed with Honda that it is not listed as a safety concern...because it is.

- Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Nov 112014

Civic

The wiper blades on the front windshield will not stop running even after turning the switch to off. If they do decide to stop running, they stop at various points and often stops in the middle of my view making it hard to see around them. The intermittent setting also will change from working to not working (constantly running) following the same stopping issues. I've researched this online and it seems to be a very common issue. Here is an example: www.8thcivic.com/forums/mechanical-problems-technical-chat/130742-intermittent-wiper-problem.html

- Englewood, CO, USA

Jan 012015

Civic

The motor of the wiper blades would only work randomly. Even when it was turned off they would not stop. When they did stop they would not be in the right spots. Sometimes they would stop in the middle of the windshield.

- Hammonton , NJ, USA

Mar 092015

Civic 4-cyl

I was driving down the road carefully because I take this road almost everyday. This road has been damaged for a long time now and hasn't been fixed yet. All of a sudden my car hits a huge pot hole, it couldn't have been seen due to how dark this road is at night. Both wheels on the left side popped and my front windshield crack in the middle due to the hard impact.

- Union, NJ, USA

Jan 082015

Civic 4-cyl

The intermittent wipers stop unexpectedly anywhere on the windshield. The problem persists.

- Snellville, GA, USA

Dec 012014

Civic 4-cyl

While driving my windshield wipers would not turn off. Then when they finally did shut off they were parked in the middle of my windshield. They also have turned on randomly while driving. This happened all week and it's been raining. I took it to the Honda dealership today and they had to replace the wiper motor which cost $400. After researching online this seems to be a common issue with Honda Civics and it should be made into a recall as it's unsafe.

- Parkville, MD, USA

Jul 012013

Civic

Windshield wipers just stop in the middle of the windshield when using intermittent setting. Very dangerous when using wipers when driving on highway and wipers just stop working.

- Cumberland, MD, USA

Jul 162014

Civic 4-cyl

I went to stow my driver-side sun visor, it split in half and remained about 1" from stowing flat. It then kept deploy an additional 2 to 3 inches resulting in a significant distraction. I went to the internet to see about buying a new one and noticed a recall was in place for this item. I called my Honda dealer and he confirmed there was a recall that applied to some 2007 Honda Civics but that my VIN wasn't part of the recall -- despite the fact that it failed in the same way that the recall described.

- Bothell, WA, USA

Nov 012013

Civic 4-cyl

When pressing for the wipers to run once, it runs multiple times, and other times, they stop when on the intermittent, low, or high settings. Also when turning off or when they randomly stop they do not stop at the correct position on the window.

- Mcminnville, OR, USA

Nov 202012

Civic

It doesnt stop at correct position and at times keeps going even pressing once... expecially on snow or rainy day its stops in the middle of driving view and I have to keep pressing off and on distracting my ability to drive safely!!! please recall thanks! youtu.be/jnywyaxxg8W.

- Haverhill, MA, USA

May 232011

Civic 4-cyl

Sun visor falls during driving limiting visibility, especially when getting to an intersection and the traffic light can't be seen. It is a safety an hazardous problem.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Apr 182013

Civic 4-cyl

I was driving on the interstate around 9:30pm - 10:00pm in the rain. I had my wipers on, which were working fine for approximately the first 15 minutes of my 40 minute drive. After approximately 15 minutes, the wiper blades occasionally stopped resting at the bottom of the windshield while on intermittent, but would rest slightly higher. They would also wipe the windshield between 3-5 times in a row, when the intermittent was set to wipe once every few seconds. I tried turning the intermittent off and would manually push the wiper bar in the car when needing my windshield cleared, to see if that worked better. I received the same results, with the wiper blades not resting at the bottom of the windshield, and the blades wiping 3-5 times in a row with only one push. About a week later, it rained again, and I experience the same thing as described above, except it happened more frequently than the first time. I was driving in town the second time, instead of the interstate.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Oct 152011

Civic 4-cyl

This has been an ongoing annoying issue. My wipers do not stop in the correct off position. Instead, they'll freeze in various positions on windshield. They also do not wipe at the chosen speed. The functionality is completely abnormal! this needs to be a recall. As I do more research, I see more and more posts about this issue. I'm truly shocked that it's not a recall.

- Irvington, NJ, USA

Oct 152007

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that while parked, he lowered the front driver's side sun visor when it suddenly fractured. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Walnut, CA, USA