6.9

1. replaced the sun visor (23 reports)
  3. recall the faulty sun visor, replacement doesn't work (11 reports)
  4. replaced sun visor (7 reports)
  5. temporary fix - zip ties, clip, etc. (6 reports)
  6. had to spend my own money to fix this, not fair (4 reports)
2007 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Dec 012015

Civic 4 cyl

Fix It!!!!!! Needs to be fixed. I am trying to get parts.

- , Springerville, AZ, USA

Jan 022015

Civic EX 3.2L V4

A couple years ago I received a notice to have my visor replaced due to faulty part, The passenger side started to have issues so took it to Honda to have replaced. about a year later the same part started having the same issue and now does not work worth a damn. About 6 months ago the driver side started having the same issue and now is this annoyingly dangerous part in my view of stop lights.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

May 102013

Civic SI 4 cyl

The sunvisor would not stay in place. It would fall from the storage position to my direct line of sight, obstructing my ability to see the road ahead. I had to remove the sunvisor.

- , Barboursville, USA

Oct 012015

Civic EX 4

Passender side sun visor split along the joint and is always hanging vertical making it impossible for the passenger to see anything in front. Very annoying.

Not fixed yet.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jul 152015

Civic LX 1.8L

low milage car. happened outside the recall time limit. looks like Ill need to fix it.

- , Portland, OR, USA

Feb 012016

Civic EX

Apparently, this is a big issue with these cars and Honda needs to address the problem and at least help cover the cost of repairs. It's annoying to have a visor that falls apart when it is one of the least used parts of the car.

- , Birmingham, AL, USA

Jun 182015

Civic SI 2.0L

I've replaced both driver and passenger visors in the past 3 years, the glue holding the 2 halves together can't take the heat cycling and gives up on hot days

- , Athens, AL, USA

Apr 302014

Civic

Both visors are broken. Unable to use the sun visor because of a home made fix which simply gets the visor out of my view.

- , Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico

Jul 012015

Civic LX L4 1.8L

My driver side sun visor broke in 2011. Four years later the passenger side is broken. Such a pain to take time off from work to go to a dealer, I just used a clip. Guess I'll order the one from Amazon ($50 +) and try to fix it myself.

- , Pensacola, FL, USA

Jul 152015

Civic EX 1.8L

It is unfortunate, the sun visor falls apart while driving.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Jul 042015

Civic

In 2011 Honda settled a class action suit regarding defective sun visors. As a result, my 2007 Honda Civic had two sun visors replaced in, I believe, 2012. Now both are cracked, just as the originals were. I just had the passenger side visor replaced at a dealer, parts and labor=$100. Now the driver side visor cracked. It flops down and is both distracting and a hazard (in the halfway position, its edge aims at my forehead). A reasonable person would believe that a car accessory should last more than 2 1/2 years. I will put a clip on it, as was suggested several years ago and will ask Honda, at first nicely, to make this situation right.

Any others having issues with the replacement visors? Thanks.

- , Great Neck, USA

Jun 192015

Civic

Cheap plastic split in the heat, in addition to the the hinge that connected to the plastic getting stiff, causing the sun visor to be easier to break.

- , Hampton, VA, USA

Jun 122015

Civic LX

This has happened at least a handful of times before and I have had to have it replaced under the warranty several times, but now I am out of warranty and it has happened again. I am currently using a binder clip to hold it together because it has completely split. I was told once by a mechanic at Honda that this is a common problem in the state where I live, AZ, because it is hot and the heat causes it to split. Annoying at best!

- , Gilbert, AZ, USA

Oct 052011

Civic LX 3.2L

My visor was replaced while car was still under warranty and now the driver side visor is coming apart again. Really disappointed in the quality of this Civic. This is my 5th Honda and doesn't seem as well made as my previous ones. It's only me driving it so it's no abused. Just not holding up like I'd expect a Honda too.

- , Nashville, TN, USA

Aug 142014

Civic EX 1.8L 4 cyl

Sun visor hinge begins to crack the plastic casing around it. To close the visor, I have to squeeze the plastic casing while closing it, else I feel like it will rip itself off/break the visor.

- , Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 102014

Civic DXG

The sun visor completely fell apart. It had never been abused, used roughly, or anything. Called Honda to ask them if they would replace it. Apparently it is a super common problem. I was told I would have to pay for a replacement out of my own pocket. Worst part is they never resolved the issue with the sun visors, so if I was to replace it the new one would eventually fall apart too. Its a real pain in the ass and now my visor just hangs there uselessly.

- , Lethbridge, AB, canada

Oct 152014

Civic

I have replaced the sun visors two times already and now the passengers sun visor is broken again! - Honda doesn't make the Honda vehicles like before anymore! - Honda Motors now uses very cheap parts...I have replaced on my Honda Civic 2007 many things already, including two sun visors and the passengers side now is broken again!

I had to replace both of the axles....and I had to pay for it because the warranty already expired....I also have the power steering leaking, so that's another major mechanical problem.....So then "don't buy American cars" - now apply to Japanese cars too, because Japanese cars are using cheap parts too !!! - Most of their parts last only 5 years, they don't make it like before anymore!

- , San Gabriel, CA, USA

Jan 092015

Civic SI 2.0L I4

It regularly falls apart every 2-3 summers. First and second time was replaced under warranty; now the dealership is suggesting that I put binder clips on it to hold it together.

Why can't Honda make a visor that doesn't melt in the heat? I could probably take a cheap visor off a 1980s Honda that would last, but that technology has been lost to time, it seems.

- , Tempe, AZ, USA

Aug 062009

Civic EX V6

Both visors are cracked and low quality. So annoying, please fix this!!!

Update from Jan 7, 2015: I had to pay $140 to get these fixed.

- , riverbank, CA, USA

Sep 012013

Civic LX

Really annoying when the visor is down and I go to put it up It takes a good 10 minutes just to get it up without it falling completely apart!!!! Its quite the process that I go through to get it to go back up.......

Cannot put it up while driving or they may cause an accident so I have to pull off the road every time

Overall just a very annoying issue... :(

- , Eastham, MA, USA