2007 Honda Civic body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 012010

Civic 4-cyl

There is "popping/crackling" noise coming from the front suspension, which is occurring in many other Civics. Seems like a faulty "bump stop" which american Honda should be responsible for because its happening in many cars. Secondly, the cheap paint which is used on their vehicles, they recently had a tsb on certain colors, its not only 3 colors which have this issue, I have a galaxy grey metallic which has paint issues on the roof like the other colors. American Honda needs to get their act straight or this is the last vehicle I own and won't recommend to any of my friends or family.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Aug 012011

Civic 4-cyl

The paint on the hood of the car has been steadily peeling. When we took it to the dealer they admitted that other people had similar problems they don't cover for the damages. It wasn't included in the warranty. The car was only 4 years old when we started noticing the problem.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Jan 022012

Paint on the roof and rails is getting oxidized(with multiple patches all over the roof) on my Honda Civic coupe 2007. I'm first owner of the car and I do not expect the paint to get oxidized with in 5 years. Honda needs to fix my car and the paint they use and also Honda should make deals responsible for this fix the paint oxidizing with 10 years of the car purchase.

- Plano, TX, USA

Sep 012011

Civic 4-cyl

Driver's sun visor split apart at the top seam, with the inner spring sticking out so it won't go back into place without (for now) using both hands to squeeze everything back in and try to reposition, otherwise it just hangs down and blocks view. Cannot safely lower the visor to use, so driving looking into the sun etc becomes hazardous. Searched online to see if this was a design problem, and after reading posts from a few hundred different owners with the same problem (many have had the visors replaced multiple times), I gave up reading the other posts..

- Monterey Park, CA, USA

Dec 202010

Civic 4-cyl

The trunklid of the 2007 Honda Civic departs from the open position while parked on a steep grade or with a gust of wind. Since most of the weight of the trunklid is aft the velocity of its movement increases as it is closing. The issue is persons attempting to load or retrieve items from the trunk compartment may suffer head injury as the lid is moving to the closed position without warning striking the person.

- Carnegie, PA, USA

Aug 272008

I have bought a new 2007 Honda Civic hybrid and the air conditioner just stopped working. After going to the dealer I found out that A/C condenser was damaged. The dealership said that it was probably due to small pebbles on the road and that it would not be under warranty. I was shocked to hear that something like this would not be under warranty. I did some research online and found out there are thousands of complaints about the A/C condenser. It's not only on the Civic, but also the Accord and CR-V. this is a design problem on these vehicles and it should be recalled to have it fixed. There should be something in front of the condenser to protect it from being damaged. Once again, this is a design fault and it should be recalled asap. I have already informed everyone I know about this problem: Friends, family, and co-workers. We were deciding to buy another Honda car this year, but unless this issue is fixed we will not buy any Honda's or its partners such as Acura.

- Haltom City, TX, USA

Apr 152007

Slow throttle response since purchase, door glass rattle since purchase, the third gear would give resistance, which is a known problem with the six speed transmission. I patched the problem by changing the transmission fluid and installing a shorter shifter yet this is not a permanent solution. Honda has refused to repair the actual problem with the third gear synchro and at one point stated that it was probably caused by my driving, the problem with the vehicle going into third gear is a known problem and there is a technical service bulletin that Honda corporate has released for the exact problem. The headliner rattles, door gasket seal has been coming off since purchase, suspension popping noise in the front passenger side strut since purchase and the sound has become more frequent, the driver side visor was defective and was replaced, the driver door hits the fender when opening just started happening since Honda worked on my vehicle. I have been taking my vehicle to two different dealerships (recommended by Honda corporate) and nothing has been properly repaired. I feel as though I have been given the run around for the past year. Honda has made several attempts to repair the problems and has not been able to, they have only damaged my vehicle during their attempts to repair it. They have damaged the front bumper three times, the side of the vehicle once, the door and fender once. They of course denied any involvement in the damage, then repair it under warranty.

- Turlock, CA, USA

Oct 092007

Thin metal gauge of body allows for dings from acorns dropping from tree. I've had 5 other vehicles since owning this property and last fall my new Honda hybrid developed over 20 quarter size dents all over the roof/trunk/hood. No other vehicles had this issue.

- Milford, CT, USA

Dec 282007

I bought my 2007 Honda Civic coupe last febuary( haven't had problems until tonight car is leaking right there at the seams of the rear air bags and roof meet, the right side, water running down the sides onto the seat, discovered the other side was leaking at the same place but not as bad. Feel a cool breeze from both sides. Left side in the front where plastic and fabric meet at the top was leaking as well, the interior is soaked through. Obviously theres a problem with the seal or something but I am absolutitly furious about this situation, I did not spend $25,000 etc. In cash, for my damm car to leak a river, thats something I would expect from my 35 year old house, not my under a year old car. And a simple cleaning from a detailer is not gonna fix my problem. I am so pissed I can't even begin to express it. I just want to get this problem resolved even if that results in getting a new car and starting over again, cause the way I see it is that my car is damaged goods, yes you can fix the problem (maybe) but theres already water damage and who's knows how far the water has gone or what it has leaked into and if it is to be fixed who do I know it won't happen again. I don't exactly have a lot of money, by buying this car it is a huge part of me that has to last and is the most expensive thing I own I will probably never have this chance to own a new car again and I'm not gonna let this slip by like its nothing. I didn't know who exactaly is in charge or who to go to so if chance be you can't help me I'm sure you can direct me to someone who can correct it. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who can help me. Please contact me a.S.a.P before I have a small pond, river or lake in my car(and at that time the damage will already have been done).

- Hydesville, CA, USA