8.3

1. new starter (20 reports)
2007 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 022015

Civic EX 1.8L

I own 4 Honda (CRV, Accord, (2) Civics) and have had both starters fail on the Civics with in 6 months.

2007 & 2008 with both around 100K miles. From reading other complains, I'm stating to question my choice for Honda...Maybe I'll need to try aToyota

- , Florence, SC, USA

Mar 142016

Civic LX 1.8L

Bad starter motor - failed without warning. Had to have car towed, etc. This seems awfully premature for something like a starter. Not to mention that it is located in a place that you can't get to without being a super human contortionist or removing the engine. So, I had to take it to Honda to have half the car disassembled while up on a hoist so they could replace it to the tune of $600. I think it's reasonable to expect a starter motor to last at least 200,000 miles - perhaps they undersized or went cheap with the stock unit, which begs the question: What else is going to fail before it's time?

- , Gastonia, NC, USA

Feb 062016

Civic EX 1.8L 4-cyl

Purchased used car with 103K, my 1st Honda for the teenage drivers in the Family. Reliable, Right? Do A SEARCH of issues online, 2007 HONDA CIVIC will not start, mileage doesn't matter. WOW! Hello, Honda anybody home - Recall? A lot of "will not start" issues with the Honda Civic. I just Hope? it is just the starter and not a bigger issue from the hundreds of complaints out there.

- , Royersford, PA, USA

Jan 142016

Civic LX 1.8L

Had the battery replaced first, didn't help. Finally had to take it to the mechanic and leave it for a day to get it repaired. Repair bill was pretty high too. Not expected form a Honda Civic at 9 years < 100,000 miles.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 262015

Civic LX

First Honda.Purchased used in June 2015. After 1 week of having issues it finally gave out. Surprised me. I thought Honda's were mechanically sound cars. My Saturn didn't need starter replaced until 160,000 miles

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 282011

Civic LX 1.8L

Just last night my car failed to start after leaving from work, and it appears to be the starter again. The car is at 165k miles. I just had the starter replaced on it 4 years ago at 90k miles. After seeing the complaints here that I am not the only one having starter issues with this new of a car, I am starting to question my loyalty toward Honda. I have had an 88 and 92 Accord in the past and had 210k miles on those without having any big mechanical issues. With this 2007 I will be going into my second starter, replaced the front axles twice, the A/C has shot crap, have had excessive rear tire wear until they finally issued a recall on it in 2013 (which I have not had to buy new tires for the rear since). I don't think I will be getting a Honda again after buying this car brand new and have this many major issues.

- , Kansas City, USA

Jul 012015

Civic DX

My third and last Honda. How can a starter go out at 87.000 miles? Now the car is making a moaning noise in reverse. What fresh hell is this? Honda, recall this car for the starter and the other ridiculous problems reported here.

- , Alameda, CA, USA

Dec 012014

Civic LX

SO, HERE WE GO AGAIN.....

SINCE EACH PROBLEM HAS TO BE LISTED SEPARATELY, ONCE AGAIN, THE ONLY VEHICLE WE HAVE-

WENT TO GET IN IT-WOULD NOT START....THOUGHT IT WAS BATTERY....HAHA...NOPE....NEW BATTERY IN...STILL NOTHING.....

HAD TO REPLACE AND PUT NEW STARTER IN...

THIS IS SUCH BS.

- , Roanoke, VA, USA

Feb 162015

Civic DX-G 1.8L

Very disappointed of Honda to have such a major problem when my car has relatively low mileage. I doubt I'll buy a Honda again.

- , Montreal, QC, canada

Feb 202015

Civic EX

This car has cost me more over the years than a luxury vehicle!!! I am so SICK of this car! And now the starter?!

Here I come, Toyota.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Jan 012015

Civic EX 1.8L

HOLY COW!!! ONLY 59,500 miles on my 2007 Honda Civic EX 4DR and the starter goes out?!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Honda! I'm glad you're saving money on making cheap starters cause this repair is going to cost me over $450!!!!! I have owned Honda's since 1978 and have never had a failure this early on. If this is a sign that other things are going fail on this car than I'm going to seriously rethink my loyalty to Honda.

I'm NOT happy!!!

- , Chamblee, GA, USA

Dec 182014

Civic EX

For having a Honda and taking pretty good care of it with routine checkups at the Honda dealership, I was a little surprised to have the starter go out on me one morning. I thought Hondas were built much better and could easily go over 100,000 miles without having any major parts, except for things like tires and brakes replaced. Because of this, unfortunately, this will probably be my last Honda.

From Googling this issue, it looks like this is a common issue with the 8th generation Honda Civics. I asked the mechanic at the dealership about how common this problem is and he just smiled with a big grin...telling me that this is a very common issue. If anyone ever starts a class action lawsuit on this issue, count me in.

- , Saint Louis, MO, USA

Dec 062014

Civic

Without warning, my starter went out.Saturday morning, start the car, and "click." Had to get it towed--will cost me $450.00. This is much too soon for this type of problem. No warning, nothing. I get my car checked every 3,000 miles--oil, lube, tires, etc. I have also had to repair the brakes.

My next car will be a Toyota. They seem much more reliable. I am not happy!!!!!

- , Petaluma, CA, USA

Apr 292013

Civic

for a car that is less than 6 years old i cant believe that it already needs major repair work.

- , Billerica, MA, USA

Oct 112012

Civic LX 1.8L

car would not start - had to have car towed to have repaired -. was without car for 2 days

- , garner, NC, USA

Aug 112012

Civic LX

My car's starter went out after 5 years. I've already replaced engine block, visors, axles, oil leaks....I didn't expect anything like this happens to a 5 years old car. I'm very disappointed in Honda. I won't get another one for sure.

- , Portland, OR, USA

Feb 102012

Civic LX 3.2L

The quality of the Honda Civic has gone down substantially over the past years. On my wife's 2007 civic, had major oil seal leak which required engine block work; replacement of starter; two sun visors replaced; and axle replaced. We owned 3 Civic's before this one and never had such problems. Won't be purchasing a Civic any time soon again.

- , Mentone, CA, USA

May 112010

Civic LX

Problem #4. Really - 62849 and a new starter needed to be put in!!!

- , Freeport, PA, USA

May 032011

Civic LX 1.8L

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HONDA'S UNTIL I GOT MY 07 CIVIC SEDAN.I BROUGHT MY CIVIC BRAND NEW AND I HAVE CHANGE MY AXLES TWICE BOTH SIDES AND MY STARTER WENT OUT ON ME ,AND NOW I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY BACK WINDOWS THEY WORK WHEN THEY WANT TO .A LOT OF MY FRIENDS HAVE NEW CIVICS LIKE MINE AND ARE HAVING ISSUES ,ITS LIKE HONDA IS LIKE AN AMERICAN BRAND NOW.I TELL YOU ONE THING, THIS IS THE LAST HONDA ILL EVER BUY .THEY JUST DON'T BUILD THEM LIKE THEY USED TO.

- , Yonkers, NY, USA

Jul 152010

Civic LX 1.8L

We have an 07 Civic it didn't start,so i had i tow to the dealer and found out my starter went.:While there i pointed out to the service adviser a coolant stain on the engine block,it turn out that the engine block is crack???The service adviser said that Honda is going to replace the block free of charge???Any other civic owner out there with this problem,Please let me kn.ow.I smell something and it aint just coolant...P.S. this car has only 41.153 soft miles on it

- , North Brunswick, NJ, USA