8.7

1. new starter (11 reports)
2007 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Feb 202015

Civic EX

This car has cost me more over the years than a luxury vehicle!!! I am so SICK of this car! And now the starter?!

Here I come, Toyota.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Jan 012015

Civic EX 1.8L

HOLY COW!!! ONLY 59,500 miles on my 2007 Honda Civic EX 4DR and the starter goes out?!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Honda! I'm glad you're saving money on making cheap starters cause this repair is going to cost me over $450!!!!! I have owned Honda's since 1978 and have never had a failure this early on. If this is a sign that other things are going fail on this car than I'm going to seriously rethink my loyalty to Honda.

I'm NOT happy!!!

- , Chamblee, Georgia, USA

Dec 182014

Civic EX

For having a Honda and taking pretty good care of it with routine checkups at the Honda dealership, I was a little surprised to have the starter go out on me one morning. I thought Hondas were built much better and could easily go over 100,000 miles without having any major parts, except for things like tires and brakes replaced. Because of this, unfortunately, this will probably be my last Honda.

From Googling this issue, it looks like this is a common issue with the 8th generation Honda Civics. I asked the mechanic at the dealership about how common this problem is and he just smiled with a big grin...telling me that this is a very common issue. If anyone ever starts a class action lawsuit on this issue, count me in.

- , Saint Louis, MO, USA

Dec 062014

Civic

Without warning, my starter went out.Saturday morning, start the car, and "click." Had to get it towed--will cost me $450.00. This is much too soon for this type of problem. No warning, nothing. I get my car checked every 3,000 miles--oil, lube, tires, etc. I have also had to repair the brakes.

My next car will be a Toyota. They seem much more reliable. I am not happy!!!!!

- , Petaluma, CA, USA

Apr 292013

Civic

for a car that is less than 6 years old i cant believe that it already needs major repair work.

- , Billerica, MA, USA

Oct 112012

Civic LX 1.8L

car would not start - had to have car towed to have repaired -. was without car for 2 days

- , garner, NC, USA

Aug 112012

Civic LX

My car's starter went out after 5 years. I've already replaced engine block, visors, axles, oil leaks....I didn't expect anything like this happens to a 5 years old car. I'm very disappointed in Honda. I won't get another one for sure.

- , Portland, OR, USA

Feb 102012

Civic LX 3.2L

The quality of the Honda Civic has gone down substantially over the past years. On my wife's 2007 civic, had major oil seal leak which required engine block work; replacement of starter; two sun visors replaced; and axle replaced. We owned 3 Civic's before this one and never had such problems. Won't be purchasing a Civic any time soon again.

- , Mentone, CA, USA

May 112010

Civic LX

Problem #4. Really - 62849 and a new starter needed to be put in!!!

- , Freeport, PA, USA

May 032011

Civic LX 1.8L

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HONDA'S UNTIL I GOT MY 07 CIVIC SEDAN.I BROUGHT MY CIVIC BRAND NEW AND I HAVE CHANGE MY AXLES TWICE BOTH SIDES AND MY STARTER WENT OUT ON ME ,AND NOW I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY BACK WINDOWS THEY WORK WHEN THEY WANT TO .A LOT OF MY FRIENDS HAVE NEW CIVICS LIKE MINE AND ARE HAVING ISSUES ,ITS LIKE HONDA IS LIKE AN AMERICAN BRAND NOW.I TELL YOU ONE THING, THIS IS THE LAST HONDA ILL EVER BUY .THEY JUST DON'T BUILD THEM LIKE THEY USED TO.

- , Yonkers, NY, USA

Jul 152010

Civic LX 1.8L

We have an 07 Civic it didn't start,so i had i tow to the dealer and found out my starter went.:While there i pointed out to the service adviser a coolant stain on the engine block,it turn out that the engine block is crack???The service adviser said that Honda is going to replace the block free of charge???Any other civic owner out there with this problem,Please let me kn.ow.I smell something and it aint just coolant...P.S. this car has only 41.153 soft miles on it

- , North Brunswick, N.J, USA

Aug 162010

Civic EX 1.8L

The starter went out. One click and that's it. Nobody stocks them yet except Honda. $225 just for the part. But here's why I'm not happy: This starter is soooo much quieter than the old one was, even when it was new. I think the original starter was defective. Actually, I think it's the solenoid, which is integrated into it.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA