2007 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Dec 282007

I bought my 2007 Honda Civic coupe last febuary( haven't had problems until tonight car is leaking right there at the seams of the rear air bags and roof meet, the right side, water running down the sides onto the seat, discovered the other side was leaking at the same place but not as bad. Feel a cool breeze from both sides. Left side in the front where plastic and fabric meet at the top was leaking as well, the interior is soaked through. Obviously theres a problem with the seal or something but I am absolutitly furious about this situation, I did not spend $25,000 etc. In cash, for my damm car to leak a river, thats something I would expect from my 35 year old house, not my under a year old car. And a simple cleaning from a detailer is not gonna fix my problem. I am so pissed I can't even begin to express it. I just want to get this problem resolved even if that results in getting a new car and starting over again, cause the way I see it is that my car is damaged goods, yes you can fix the problem (maybe) but theres already water damage and who's knows how far the water has gone or what it has leaked into and if it is to be fixed who do I know it won't happen again. I don't exactly have a lot of money, by buying this car it is a huge part of me that has to last and is the most expensive thing I own I will probably never have this chance to own a new car again and I'm not gonna let this slip by like its nothing. I didn't know who exactaly is in charge or who to go to so if chance be you can't help me I'm sure you can direct me to someone who can correct it. Feel free to forward this message to anyone who can help me. Please contact me a.S.a.P before I have a small pond, river or lake in my car(and at that time the damage will already have been done).

- Hydesville, CA, USA

Sep 182007

Consumer would like all complaints regarding a 2007 Honda Civic LX two door.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 202007

Civic 4-cyl

I have two problems with the 2007 Honda Civic si that we just bought this month: 1) I was told we get am and fm radio reception. I get absolutely no am radio reception and was offered the choice of having Honda install xm radio (for $500). I installed it myself for $150, but this all seems like a ploy to get us to buy xm radio from them. 2) every day there is a new paint defect to notice. My hood looks like it has freckles at this point. Needless to say, I'll never patronize the Honda corporation ever again. Jason williams (845) 452-2537

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Jul 182007

Ac stop working on my new 3 month old 2007 Honda Civic. Air conditioning condenser coil received damage apparently caused bt a pebble that was kicked up while driving on the highway. This appears to be a common problem amongst Honda owners from the research I've done. There is virtually no protection against such an event and this part appears much too fragile to be exposed as it is. The condenser must be replaced and would cost $700. Dealer refuse to fix under warranty.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Mar 282007

Civic 4-cyl

A/C stopped cooling. Took my '07 Civic (fewer than 6500 miles) to a Honda dealership and was told a rock damaged my condenser. Repairs are estimated at $550. Got the best warranty I could when I bought the car and it still won't cover it due to "physical damage". after some research on the topic, I've noticed countless websites and blogs concerning this issue. Seems like a textbook design flaw to me. I can't believe Honda, who "stands for quality" would like something like this keep happening to their customers. I'm going with the Camry next time.

- Brenham, TX, USA