2007 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Nov 092016

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Daley City, CA, USA

May 232016

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 12/21/16 updated 12/22/16.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

May 232016

Civic

Takata recall - initial letter detailing the problem was received May 23 2016 stating that a remedy would be available late summer/fall 2016. As of 10/31/16 the NHTSA website still shows remedy unavailable. This is unacceptable - I can no longer afford to not use the full function of my vehicle, specifically using the front passenger seat. 5 months is too long when we are talking about a potentially serious safety issue, especially since I live in a hot and relatively humid climate.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Oct 252016

Civic 4-cyl

Takata recall - I received an initial letter alerting me of the dangerous situation with these airbags. However, I have yet to receive an additional letter letting me know that I can now get this part fixed. The online VIN check still shows that the remedy is not available still, but it is terrifying to keep driving around knowing that people have died from the same problem.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Oct 212016

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Glenshaw, PA, USA

Aug 092016

Civic

Air bag light on, dealer doesn't have parts, can't drive car Honda case # 05125120, promised call back from case manager that never happened. Do not have alternate transportation. Air bag light just stayed on one day, no specific condition applied.

- Somerville, AL, USA

Jul 152016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Parsippany, NJ, USA

Jul 052016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Land O' Lakes, FL, USA

Civic

Takata recall - how is there still no remedy/replacement part available? "avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger's seat" is not an option for me. Honda finally issued notice in July saying parts would be available late summer/fall.

- Sykesville, MD, USA

Aug 162016

Civic

I used your site to see if there was any recalls on this car and your site said there are 0 recalls. So there for your site is false and does not keep an accurate track of recalls. This specific car and others have had recalls on the passenger side air bag.

- Florence, CO, USA

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jul 062016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hesperia, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Civic

I've been informed that my car's passenger side airbag is defective and nothing has been done about it. Our local Honda dealership (bill kay Honda, bradley Illinois) is aware of my vehicle and the recall. Date listed below is an estimate.

- Manteno, IL, USA

Jul 292016

Civic

Potential defective air bag, possible unlawful airbag tampering

- Herndon, VA, USA

Aug 292016

Civic

Takata recall- I was parked in michaels craft stores parking lot. I pulled forward to leave I didnt see the curb/median/sidewalk in front of me. When I pulled forward I hit them and both of my air bags went off. I bruised my forearms, hurt my left pinkie/hand and my back has ben hurting me. I know their is a recall on my airbags but im not sure if my airbags going off so easily had anything to do with it.

- Plain City, UT, USA

Jul 252016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Civic

Takata recall it has been three months since the takata recall, and approximately 6 weeks since I received my recall letter in the mail (note the delay before consumers received this critical safety info). It is unacceptable that any front passengers' safety is at risk and for so long without any remedy or even an update from Honda as to when one might be available. I have called local dealers and it seems they too are unsure. Honda should be giving us temporary leases or something to ensure safety while all those affected wait. I have barely used my car since I received the notice in fear of what might happen should my airbags deploy, and I have not been able to Transport a passenger in the front seat with me for the same reason. Again, this excessive delay is unacceptable.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 202016

Civic

Takata recall on June 20, 2016, I noticed my vehicle was recalled, and I spoke to the dealership who informed me that they did not know when the part would be in and that they would call me. On 7/26/2016, I called for an appointment to replace the air bag - in response to a letter I had received from Honda. I was switched to the parts department, where I was informed the part is on back order, and they will call me when it is in. The letter also advised that I avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger seat until recall repair was completed. As of August 26, 2016, I have not yet been called, and I cannot Transport any passengers in my vehicle. This incident has interfered substantially with my use and enjoyment of my vehicle, and it is taking an inordinate amount of time to repair. I believe I should be reimbursed for the vehicle loss of use as well as having the air bag inflator repaired.

- Everett, WA, USA

Aug 242016

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Jul 082016

Civic

Takata recall: My initial contact with Honda occurred after receiving my recall through the mail around July 8th. I am contacting you after numerous efforts in contacting the Honda recall center in regards to the passenger airbag recall on my 2007 Honda Civic. To date I have called Honda America three times in an effort to obtain a replacement vehicle while I await the parts needed to fix my car, and faxed them an additional time after no response from the call center. I have a family of five who uses this vehicle regularly, therefore I am not able to leave the passenger seat unoccupied, as suggested. As a result, I have been unable to drive my car for nearly a month, and have been borrowing cars from friends and family. Each time I call Honda corporate I am advised that my case will be forwarded to a case manager, who will contact me to authorize a rental vehicle. After nearly a month since my initial contact I have not heard anything from a supervisor. After my latest call this morning I was transferred to a supervisor who maintained that there was nothing else she could do at this time, and that I would have to continue to wait to hear from a case manager. I understand that millions of vehicles have been affected by this recall, however after this long I can no longer go without a vehicle. I am sending this message in hopes to remedy this issue, or for a representative to be made fully aware of Honda's uncooperative nature for the safety of my family, or the burden we have had to endure. Due to the age as well as the mileage of my vehicle it seems that the airbag internals may have significant wear.

- Lexington, NC, USA