2007 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jul 292016

Civic

Potential defective air bag, possible unlawful airbag tampering

- Herndon, VA, USA

Aug 292016

Civic

Takata recall- I was parked in michaels craft stores parking lot. I pulled forward to leave I didnt see the curb/median/sidewalk in front of me. When I pulled forward I hit them and both of my air bags went off. I bruised my forearms, hurt my left pinkie/hand and my back has ben hurting me. I know their is a recall on my airbags but im not sure if my airbags going off so easily had anything to do with it.

- Plain City, UT, USA

Jul 252016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall it has been three months since the takata recall, and approximately 6 weeks since I received my recall letter in the mail (note the delay before consumers received this critical safety info). It is unacceptable that any front passengers' safety is at risk and for so long without any remedy or even an update from Honda as to when one might be available. I have called local dealers and it seems they too are unsure. Honda should be giving us temporary leases or something to ensure safety while all those affected wait. I have barely used my car since I received the notice in fear of what might happen should my airbags deploy, and I have not been able to Transport a passenger in the front seat with me for the same reason. Again, this excessive delay is unacceptable.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 202016

Civic

Takata recall on June 20, 2016, I noticed my vehicle was recalled, and I spoke to the dealership who informed me that they did not know when the part would be in and that they would call me. On 7/26/2016, I called for an appointment to replace the air bag - in response to a letter I had received from Honda. I was switched to the parts department, where I was informed the part is on back order, and they will call me when it is in. The letter also advised that I avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger seat until recall repair was completed. As of August 26, 2016, I have not yet been called, and I cannot Transport any passengers in my vehicle. This incident has interfered substantially with my use and enjoyment of my vehicle, and it is taking an inordinate amount of time to repair. I believe I should be reimbursed for the vehicle loss of use as well as having the air bag inflator repaired.

- Everett, WA, USA

Aug 242016

- Berkeley, CA, USA

Jul 082016

Civic

Takata recall: My initial contact with Honda occurred after receiving my recall through the mail around July 8th. I am contacting you after numerous efforts in contacting the Honda recall center in regards to the passenger airbag recall on my 2007 Honda Civic. To date I have called Honda America three times in an effort to obtain a replacement vehicle while I await the parts needed to fix my car, and faxed them an additional time after no response from the call center. I have a family of five who uses this vehicle regularly, therefore I am not able to leave the passenger seat unoccupied, as suggested. As a result, I have been unable to drive my car for nearly a month, and have been borrowing cars from friends and family. Each time I call Honda corporate I am advised that my case will be forwarded to a case manager, who will contact me to authorize a rental vehicle. After nearly a month since my initial contact I have not heard anything from a supervisor. After my latest call this morning I was transferred to a supervisor who maintained that there was nothing else she could do at this time, and that I would have to continue to wait to hear from a case manager. I understand that millions of vehicles have been affected by this recall, however after this long I can no longer go without a vehicle. I am sending this message in hopes to remedy this issue, or for a representative to be made fully aware of Honda's uncooperative nature for the safety of my family, or the burden we have had to endure. Due to the age as well as the mileage of my vehicle it seems that the airbag internals may have significant wear.

- Lexington, NC, USA

Jul 222016

Civic

Takata recall 13 August 2016 (6:45 pm) I received notification from the Honda recall department by mail on Friday, July 22, 2016 that the passenger airbag on my 2007 Honda Civic needed to be replaced and that parts would not be available until late summer or fall. The notice specified that I should not allow anyone to ride in the front passenger seat. I immediately called the customer service recall line at (888) 234-2138) and informed the support technician that my husband is a permanently disabled veteran (major usar retired) who cannot ride in the back seat because of his disability and who now cannot ride in the front seat due to the risk of the the airbag deploying. The support technician said she would escalate a request for a loaner car and that a case manager would contact me within 2-3 business days. This call never came. I called the Honda recall line again on Saturday, July 29, 2016; I received an apology and was again told that a second request would be put through and that a case manager would contact me in 2-3 business days. Again, no call came. During this period my husband and I were forced to rent a car for four days in order to visit his 93-year old mother for her birthday. I called the Honda recall line again on Wednesday, August 10, 2016. I received another apology, and this time the support technician transferred me to the escalations department. The person I spoke to said that she would put a flag on the loaner request that specified the request was a "medical emergency." Four weeks have passed since my first request. My husband and I need NHTSA to intervene on our behalf to get a loaner/rental vehicle from Honda as soon as possible so that we can resume our normal daily activities without fear of injury. Finally, if nhsta can offer us some advice on whom to contact for congressional support, please do so. Thank you.

- Clinton, MD, USA

Aug 082016

Civic

SRS light came on in my 2007 Honda Civic LX. Took it into dealership and reset the code. Honda said my SRS light being on means the driver and passenger airbag would not deploy if in accident. Honda reset my light and said to come back if the light came on again. SRS light came back on as soon as left dealer. Called Honda dealership and they said to come back and they would replace my airbag at no cost. Once at dealership they said it would be $685.40 for cable reel and $833.43 for parts for drivers airbag. I feel this is a defective product which Honda is failing to addressing leaving people who do not have $1500 to pay them to fix their defective airbag equipment having to drive a dangerous car. Extremely disappointed with the runaround and inconsistent information Honda dealership provided. I did not decline for them to fix my airbag and cable reel, I could not afford their quoted cost of $1,500 for them to fix the airbags in my car. I cannot understand how they are not covering this issue when there was a recall for this same defect in the Accord.

- West Linn, OR, USA

May 232016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Stow, OH, USA

May 232016

Civic 4-cyl

Takata recall- it has been 60+ days since the recall was issued and Honda tells me that they have no idea when parts will be in. They have failed to assign me a case manager to review my rental request in a timely manner. We have 4 passengers daily in this car (2 adults in front, 2 small children in large car seats in the back). We cannot travel safely as this is our only car. We cannot simply avoid having someone sit in the passenger seat. We need a rental which Honda said they will provide in this type of situation but they have not timely assigned us a case manager to review our request. They have admitted no eta on the parts. They told us we can rent our own car, but we can't afford that with no end date in sight. They stated we are not as important as the driver side recall. They have not remedied the defect in a reasonable period of time. I have made a repair appointment but no eta on parts. Please help me. I have been experiencing panic attacks and have needed medical attention for the anxiety this has caused in my daily life, for the past 2 months. Thank you.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 062016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Elkridge, MD, USA

Jul 182016

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Alhambra, CA, USA

Jul 282016

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While the vehicle was operated, the air bags independently deployed without warning or impact. The contact lost control of the vehicle and struck a guardrail. The failure occurred without warning. There was one injury that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Fredricksburg, VA, USA

Aug 042016

Civic

Takata recall recall specifically states "Honda suggests that you avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger's seat until the recall repair has been performed." When I contacted Honda they said it would be approximately 3 weeks before the parts were in and the repair could be performed. When I requested alternate transportation until the repair could be performed, since I have passengers in my car the majority of the time, I was told that Honda is not covering a loaner car as part of the recall

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 012016

Civic 4-cyl

2007 Honda Civic. Consumer writes in regards to concerns with replacement parts delay to repair passenger side airbag recall.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Aug 012016

Civic

The SRS light sensor on 2007 Civic LX stays on when driving.

- West Linn, OR, USA

Jul 282016

Civic

Purchased 2007 Honda Civic new. Had issue with passenger side airbag light on 2008. Had dealer fix. Light came on 2009. Had dealer fix. Light came back on 2010. Now vehicle warranty period expired. Did not worry because passenger side air only and my son drive mostly by himself. Light have been on ever since. Brought car back to dealer for recall of airbags 7/2016. Had dealer look at side airbag light again. They tell me the I had a faulty floor harness and all my airbags will not work and cost of repair after discount to be $1600. I call american Honda on 8/1 to see if they will cover cost of repair. They did not. Base on my research, I feel this is very unfair. 2007 Honda Civic have this problem side airbag light issue code 32-10. I think my car faulty harness issue was there when I purchased the car new and it cause side airbag light to come on constantly and why the repair never lasted more than a few months. This is a safety issue same as with the seat belt and american Honda should cover cost of repair. American Honda has service notice concerning this problem with the Honda Civic only. My mileage is 85080 at this time.

- Newark, CA, USA

Jul 162016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Elkridge, MD, USA

Jul 302016

Civic

I called it have the parts on my air order. I was not given another car to drive until my air bags are replaced and fix. I have small children anything could happen and all the service rep told me is to not have anyone riding in the passenger side of my car that I pay for every month. I do not think this is a safe way to keep your customer safely on the rode. I am sure that you would not place your kids in danger why should I have too?

- Talbott, TN, USA