2007 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Jun 042010

Civic

Started noticing a rough ride and excessive road noise so took my vehicle to a local Honda dealer for alignment and was told the noise was due to tire wear. Over the past year two repair places that have replaced my oil have told me the tire wear was due to worn out struts. This spring the dealer finally told me it was a common problem caused by the upper control arms and it would cost close to $400 to replace them. My airbag sensor light had been on most of the time for the last couple of years and the Honda dealer told me during this visit that this is also a common problem and if I didn't get it fixed my airbags would not deploy in case of an accident. This problem would require replacement of a wire harness for nearly $1300. I contacted american Honda to see if there were recalls for these problems and they agreed to replace the control arms for $75 and the wiring harness for $375 but I only had 60 days to complete the repairs for this price. I got the arms replaced but didn't have the money to get new tires or replace the harness. I have noticed a significant loss of traction and the noise and vibration are so bad now that I can hardly drive the car. These both appear to be engineering issues that affect safety of the Honda Civic and recalls should be issued to prevent accidents.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

May 132011

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated while making a turn, the vehicle drove over a pothole and the air bag light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the vehicle could not be repaired under the warranty due to the impact. The manufacturer was contacted, but they refused to cover the repairs. The failure mileage was 35,000. Updated 07/21/11 the dealer replaced the SRS control unit. Updated 08/19/11

- Waterbury , CT, USA

Dec 242010

Civic 4-cyl

My 2007 Honda Civic slid into the concrete wall on interstate 20 in arlington Texas 45 mph crash and car is totaled but no air bags were deployed. I have pictures. I believe the airbag failed in this crash.

- Euless, TX, USA

Aug 272010

Civic

I am currently stationed in the us air force here in germany. While traveling during a heavy rain storm here in germany, our 2007 Honda Civic hydroplaned and slid off the road. It rolled sideways at least twice and impacted a mile marker sign on the driver side mirror and landed upright after hitting its roof twice. The rear windshield and the drivers side window shattered, the front bumper was ripped off and the rear bumper was crushed in. The driverside window was shattered when my head impacted it during the roll over. None of the airbags (driver, passenger, or side curtain) deployed. We received injuries to our arms, legs, and heads/faces. My wife did receive 4 stitches on the left side of her face just behind her eye. Also she received a laceration on her left ear which required surgery. She also received a minor cut on her right pointer finger which required surgical glue to seal it. "

- Apo, AE, USA

Dec 012007

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The vehicle was intermittently experiencing an increased stopping distance. While driving approximately 15 mph pressure was applied to the brakes and the vehicle did not stop until repeated pressure was applied to the brake pedal. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the rotors were worn. The authorized dealer replaced all four brakes; yet intermittently the vehicle continued to experience an increased stopping distance. She also stated that the vehicle surged forward from a stop resulting in a single car crash in which the air bags did not deploy. A police report was not filed. The driver was injured. The vehicle was not examined to determine the cause of failure. The failure mileage was 3,000. The current mileage was 24,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Barrington Hills, IL, USA

May 232010

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic si. While driving 55 mph the air bag light came on. He inspected the vehicle and safely drove to his residence. The vehicle was taken to an authorized Honda dealer who was diagnosing the failure when the complaint was filed. The contact called the manufacturer and was advised that the air bag was not covered by the warranty. The contact was unable to provide a VIN. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000 and the current mileage was 67,500.

- Christiansburg, VA, USA

Jun 102010

Civic 4-cyl

2007 Honda Civic. Consumer expresses discontent regarding dealership unwillingness to cooperate in making repairs the consumer stated the dealership wanted to charge her $800 for air bag repairs. The dealer inspected the SRS harness and found that the floor harness was bad.

- Hartford, CT, USA

Apr 242010

Civic

I have had the Honda Civic (2007) and the airbag light came on this car is 3yrs old and has less than 60,000 miles on it when taken to the dealer this the censor for the passenger seat and is a cost of $500 but after viewing online I see other complaints of the same problem and even recalls on previous years I feel that this is something that needs to be addressed before it causes injury.

- Dillon, SC, USA

Nov 162009

Civic

Air bag light came on. The dealer said it was the sensor and would cost 690 to fix. Seems to me Honda have had trouble with airbags for the last several years. My car isn't even 3 years old. I strongly suggest that airbags be considered as real safety equipment on a vehicle since it's not optional. If seat belts are covered for the life of the car, then why not airbags? I don't believe this is a repair an owner should have to pay for. It is for safety after all.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Nov 202007

Civic

Had a car accident 11/07 since that accident & repair the airbag light comes off and on, at all times of the day, no matter what I M doing in the car the light tends to pop on & off. I have taken it into the dealer that did the repairs but it is still a constant problem that hasn't been resolved. I have contact the better business bureau. But nothing was done about it other than a phone call.

- Union City, GA, USA

Jun 082007

Civic

2006 through current Honda Civic si have a problem with the inability to adjust the rear camber of the tires. Normally what happens between 2,000 and up miles the owners are experiencing wear to the inside of the rear tires that goes undetected until a blow out of the tire occurs. The fault lies in the rear control arm that does not allow for camber adjustments of the tires. Honda sells these vehicles new with the suspension as is. The owners have attempted to get Honda and the dealers who sold the cars to make good on a repair that cost upwards of over $800. They wont. Having been an army accident investigator my concern lies in the failure of the control arm that does not allow for camber adjustments to the rear tires. Currently the rear tire or tires are allowed to rub against the rear suspension system causing a blow out of the rear tire (s) causing a loss of control of the vehicle and a subsequent crash. The potential problem could be remedied by the recall of si version Civics for installation of an adjustable rear control arm. It is my understanding original Civics have been recalled by Honda to correct or examine this problem. The number of accidents incidents or fatalities I do not believe has been investigated or reported. Buyers of these vehicles, insurance agents as well as accident investigators should be made aware of this potentially dangerous problem. It might just save a life or two. I believe that a data base for all Civics involved in automobile accidents should kept to identify this problems severity.

- Canton, GA, USA

Sep 072007

Civic

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving 60 mph and attempting to apply the brakes, the contact felt the brakes lock. The steering wheel was forced out of his hands. The contact struck a curb and drove into the living room of someone's residence. The air bags failed to deploy and the seat belts failed. The contact called the Honda manufacturer and they dispatched an adjuster and an engineer, who both stated that nothing could be done. The failure and current mileages were 19,500.

- Baldwin Park, CA, USA

Jun 112008

Civic

On Wednesday, June 11, 2008 I was driving from Mar vista, ca to san leandro, ca with my 4 year old son and 20 year old sister in law. We were on the 580 w driving in the far left lane at 65mph at 11:30 am when we heard an explosion in the rear of the car. The car began veering toward the right. I tried to pull over into the emergency lane, but the car keep veering toward the right and we hit the center divide. The car was perpendicular to the divide. The air bags did not deploy. We were probably traveling at 45mph when we hit the center divide. I am very concerned that the airbags did not deploy. My car is a 2007 Honda Civic coupe ex and it had about 8300 miles. I purchased the car in July 2007. The crash caused significant damage to the front left side of my car. The car is now at a body shop and is being repaired in san leandro, ca.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 112008

Civic

On Wednesday, June 11, 2008 I was driving from Mar vista, ca to san leandro, ca with my 4 year old son and 20 year old sister in law. We were on the 580 w driving in the far left lane at 65mph at 11:30 am when we heard an explosion in the rear of the car. When we inspected the car, the right rear tire was blown through. The side walls were intact, but the whole top part of the tire was not connected to the side wall. My car is a 2007 Honda Civic coupe ex and it had about 8300 miles. I purchased the car in July 2007. The crash caused significant damage to the front left side of my car. The car is now at a body shop and is being repaired in san leandro, ca. We have the defective tire. After doing more research I found that Honda had issued a service bulletin about uneven or rapid tire wear. Tsb 08-001 on February 8, 2008. I did not receive notification of this serious defect because Honda is not required to notify consumers regarding tsbs. This defect is serious and affects nearly all 2006-2007 Honda Civics. This tsb needs to become a recall. All owners of 2006-2007 Honda Civics need to be made aware of this life threatening defect. I understand that tires should be checked regularly, and many consumers do, however, my tires did not give me any warning of uneven wearing. Actually, it would be hard to notice since my 2007 Civic coupe ex is not quite on the road and you can feel any little bump in the road. I was told that this was normal because of the stiff suspension. Overall, I seriously hope that this is addressed quickly. Many unsuspecting drivers, many of whom have driven Honda's in the past are not expecting this type of problem which can cause tire blowouts and possible fatal accidents. It would be unfortunate that a class action suit or the death of innocent consumers prompt Honda to make this tsb 08-001 notice a recall notice.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 202008

Civic

At 25 miles per hour, the driver crossed over to oncoming traffic and hit almost head on. The impact was slightly greater on the driver side of the front of the vehicle. The drivers front airbag, the driver seat side airbag and the side curtain for both sides of the vehicle deployed.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Aug 142007

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving 55 mph, another vehicle struck the contact's vehicle on the driver side. The vehicle rolled over three times and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact was injured. Florida highway patrol filed report number fhpf07off049270. The current and failure mileages were 5,000.

- Plant City, FL, USA