2007 Honda Civic suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Sep 302008

My 2007 Honda Civic ex started to vibrate excessively at highway speeds and there was an incredibly loud "howling" noise coming from the back tires. I took it in repeatedly and was told that my tires were fine, and that essentially I was imagining this problem and or blowing it out of proportion. It was only recently that I learned of Honda's service bulletin 08-001 for uneven and or rapid tire wear. With information in hand, I went back to the dealership to which they acted like they knew nothing of the bulletin. After keeping my car for the day, they said in the first call that it was due to lack of rotation (even though) I rotate every 10K, then they call back and say that my back two tires are worn-out; but the wear is not comparable to the wear that would fall under the bulletin. They then proceed to tell me that it is typical to have to replace your tires every 30-40K miles. I have owned 7 Honda and have never had to replace tires that soon. It is just amazing to me that I have detailed every symptom in that bulletin, prior to even knowing that it existed and they are going to tell me that it has nothing to do with the rear upper control arm. I am taking it to another Honda dealership and will continue to do so until the problem is resolved. I am severely disappointed in Honda.

- Gonzales, LA, USA

Aug 172008

2007 Honda Civic LX vibrates excessively at approximately 70 mph shaking driver and passengers to the point that conversation via bluetooth hands free device is greatly impaired. The vibration has already led to early tire wear and the vehicle pulls to the right when driving. I have already paid for wheel alignment twice and replaced both rear tires once and a second rear tire a second time seemingly due to this problem. I also fear damage to the vehicle or that there will be threatened vehicle safety, as the car feels like it is shaking apart at times. The vibration/shaking occurs all times that the vehicle approaches 70 mph and many times at slower speeds. On-line research has shown a too-short rear arm in the vehicle suspension causing a number of similar problems in several 2007 vehicles. Honda has so far shown no acknowledgement of a problem in this arena nor offered to do anything about it.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 172007

Increasingly worse rear tire noise. Dealer says normal. Eventual first oil change and dealer admits to tech. Svc. Bulletin. 4hrs labor (no loaner) and hard sell to replace tires for $300 aprox. Since this was my fault(?) sun visor failed and has become a hazard with no remedy available, only another defective visor.

- Concord, NC, USA

Aug 142008

2007 Honda Civic. Ltr. Regarding resolution of issues outlined in Honda service bulletin 08-001. The consumer experienced uneven/rapid tire wear. The consumer was informed that there were several cases where tires on 2006 and 2007 Civic's required tire replacement within 11,000. The consumer stated the problem was not the tires, but its condition outlined in the bulletin.

- Brunswick, GA, USA

Jul 172008

Purchased 2007 Honda Civic ex on 3/10/07. On 8/7/07 took car in for routine maint. Oil pan drain plug replaced. On 8/9/07 steering system made noise when turning. Took to dealer, no problem found. On 10/8/07 took car back to dealer with same issue. Dealer said "during assembly some rear wheel speed sensors may have been improperly installed and do not seal the hub assembly. Sensors were inspected and they deemed no repair necessary. On 12/26/07 took car to dealer for same noise when turning wheel. Steering wheel locked up when driving!! when accelerating, car made a whining type of noise. Dealer kept my car over night and found P/S pump whining due to no fluid in system. P/S rack was leaking. Power steering reservoir was empty. Found power steering rack leaking from both ends. Replaced power steering rack and realigned wheels. On 7/7/08 took car to dealer, steering wheel locked up again while driving. Still have noise when turning the steering wheel back and forth. Dealer kept my car for 3 days without giving a loner to me. When dealer did diagnostic, they pulled up 7 codes and stated "gauge control lost communication, may be old codes related to past repairs. Did not find a cause for steering to lock. Found that the noise when turning the wheel was caused from the seal at the firewall was rubbing on steering shaft. Corrected insulation and found when at idle and turning wheel, hood vibrated and made a noise. They adjusted rubber stoppers and rechecked saying it is all ok. Now, today on 7/17/08 I had steering wheel lock up on me for a brief second. Took my car to a mechanic I know and they told me to fill out this form. They said the noise I hear in my steering column should have been fixed by dealer. I called dealer at 3 pm today and will be taking my car back to dealer tomorrow morning at 9. my car is still randomly having the steering freeze on me when driving, the noise when turning my steering wheel, and I now have a crackling noise in my A/C!

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 312006

I purchased a new 2007 Honda Civic ex coupe from the local Honda dealership. Within a week I noticed that something was wrong with my car. My car felt as though my tires were not turning properly and there was excessive noise coming from the rear of my car. I returned to the dealership and was told that nothing was wrong. On two additional occasions, I took my car back and was told again that nothing was wrong. The 3rd trip to the dealership, they said that I needed an alignment. This past weekend, I took my car to another place for the alignment and was told that I had a suspension problem, that all four tires were wearing unevenly and inappropriately. Researching the internet, I located numerous Honda customers with the same exact problems. I found that Honda has known of this problem since 2006 and not corrected the problem. Nor have they notified their customers. Honda released a tsb in April, 08 but still will not take responsibility for the damage that has been done to my car. They said that they will replace the suspension/control arms but will not replace the tires on my car. At 24,000 miles on my car and a new car warranty, I feel as though I, the consumer, am getting screwed in this deal. The public should be notified and a recall should be issued.

- Allen, TX, USA

Feb 262008

Civic 4-cyl

Excessive tire wear on rear of 06 and 07 Honda Civics due to a combination of the tires and rear suspension geometry. Tires are rendered unsafe and must be replaced along with upper control arms and flange bolts. Tires are from Goodyear, Bridgestone, and dunlop. Numerous posts are on the internet, including accidents with property damage. Honda has not issued a recall and will only perform service on a customer complaint.

- Lebanon, NJ, USA

Feb 092008

Civic 4-cyl

Tire vibration started at 5,000 miles. Dealer rotated and balanced tires and said you are all set. Driving home on the highway noticed vibration was still present. Next visit took service for a ride and they said it sounded like bad rear wheel bearing that they did not stock. Left the car for two days and when I came pick the car up they said we changed the right front wheel bearing" I said I was told they were changing the rears? they said nope the right front was the problem. Driving at highway speed it was the same as before. Called the dealer and asked if anyone actually test drove the car after repair. Mechanic said the car was fine" brought the car back again and took the service manager for a ride he said yes it sounds like rear wheel bearings. Left the car again for two days and when I picked up the car they said they changed the rear wheel bearings and a recall that came in for the rear ABS sensor and seals. Driving home same vibration. Also a rattle coming from the right side dash area was never fixed in four tries. I now have 34,000 miles and the tires are completely worn out and this would suggest that their is a severe suspension problems with the 2007 Civic LX. Dealer has no clue. Please read all the complaints on tire wear and if you are thinking Honda think again.

- Westerly, RI, USA

Jan 142008

Civic 4-cyl

Jan. 14, 2008, while driving my 2007 Honda Civic, I notice at 55mph the Civic vibrate and make an unusual noise. I took my Civic into my local Honda dealership on Jan. 16, 2008 for complaints about vibration at 55mph and clicking when trying to start my Civic. There was no problem found on the clicking, when I arrived I had the service writer to come out and listen to the clicking, the service writer agreed there was clicking. The other issue of vibration when at 55mph I was advised Honda will contact me once a repair is available on the service customer copy form. Also, the service writer told me over the phone there had been numerous complaints about this issue Honda would repair the problem, the problem is causing my tires to wear uneven and I was going to get new tires.

- Merrillville, IN, USA

Oct 082007

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 30 mph, the contact heard a loud noise underneath the vehicle. He also noticed that the tires were tilted inward as if the alignment was incorrect. He took the vehicle to the dealer and they performed an alignment without his authorization and without having a zone representative inspect the vehicle to determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle is currently in the repair shop. The current mileage was 2,382 and failure mileage was 1,780.

- Bunswick, GA, USA

Aug 232007

I took my brand new 2007 Honda Civic coupe LX and right after I took it, I found the car is drifting to right when driving on my way home. The dealer I bought it form told me that it is within spec. It took about 7 sec to drift from one lane to another on highway. This is within their spec. This is Honda's quality.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA